The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Time to hit the cabinet with this one fellas.I will never ATTM use a liquid mask (suggestions anyone) it was a bear to get off the ALL the glass were it was applied.I had to use alcohol to remove and then polish everything with Mequiars added another 2/3 hrs of work.I like her was an enjoyable kit over all much like the B-25.The next one to hit the desk is another off the SOD a 1/32 Trumpter P-47 D  Montex ;)

Mossie 001.JPG

Mossie 002.JPG

Mossie 003.JPG

Mossie 004.JPG

Mossie 005.JPG

Mossie 007.JPG

• Like 9

Very nice Kevin, I like your bluebird a lot. Liquid masks, hmm, I use different brands, but my go to's are from Mr. Color, I think they are called NEO and SOL NEO, one is solvent, the other is a bit thinner and water based. I never had problems removing these. I also have Molotow masking fluid, which smells horrible and I used it for half flood parts in it. It's a big bottle and therefore perfect for these occasions. I once used Microscale liquid mask, and this was nearly impossible to remove, horrible stuff.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

Good-looking Mossie, Kevin 👍 ! These glass-nosed Mosquitoes were definitely the best-looking ones.

And, strangely enough, the all-blue scheme alleviates some of the funky shape of the wing leading edge over the radiator intake …

Like it a lot !

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HubertB said:

Good-looking Mossie, Kevin 👍 ! These glass-nosed Mosquitoes were definitely the best-looking ones.

I have the ole Revell in the stash started making an interior years ago I might give it another go Hubert seeing what I accomplished on this one.;)

10 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Terrific rescue and one beautiful Mossie. SO very well done.

I am glad it's finished Peter but I need to go back and repaint the old antenna location Dr.Brown it's a Bakelite type insulator for the antenna.;)

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

Great looking Mossie, Kevin!

Thanks Gary she is Purrrty!:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, DocRob said:

very nice Kevin, I like your bluebird a lot. Liquid masks, hmm, I use different brands, but my go to's are from Mr. Color, I think they are called NEO and SOL NEO, one is solvent, the other is a bit thinner and water based.

Thanks Rob!I will look into those by Mr.Color since I starting to acquire some of there paints.;)

• Like 3