Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

2023 LSM Christmas Raffle. Please verify your entries have been added and are correct.

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

We’re doing it again, y’all!

Our Christmas raffle went over well the last five years, and will keep the rules similar to last year  

Here’s a rundown of rules so everyone is refreshed and aware.  

1.   Anyone who wants to enter to win may do so, IF, they are an Active Member of LSM as of right now. Nov 18, 2023, 1930 hrs CST  

2.   Active Member is defined as anyone who has contributed to LSM by posting 5 posts to LSM within the last calender year. I though again of making it a WIP requirement, but decided again to nix that idea.  The whole idea here is to promote a feeling of Christmas Spirit, get people posting more, and hopefully bring a better ending to 2023.. So let’s make this fun!   This in obviously not directed at those who have recently come here from LSP, Hyperscale, or wherever, if you’re new, you’re welcome to enter  

3.   Enrolling:   Entering the raffle is easy. Just post  "I'm in" and I'll mark you down.   I’m going to change one rule:  To be eligible for the gift raffle, you need to contribute.  If you DON’T contribute to the raffle with a gift, your name will NOT be included in the regular gift drawings, but all is not lost, you WILL still be eligible for the Grand Prize.

3.5  Due to the hideous economy of the last year, I’m not expecting miracles here  money isn’t around like it was last year, so if you’d like to enter and find it’s tough, please PM me and we’ll figure it out.  By PM. No pressure, no judgement, just PM me  

4.   Gifts:  I’m not going to make this mandatory, but I will recommend a contribution of a new kit with a value over $30.00 USD, and under, say, $120.00.  That gives a huge range of ideas. From Hasegawa to Revell, to Tamiya. If you give a kit from stash, that’s cool, but let’s make sure it’s not a busted up old stash Queen from 1967 with a smashed box and yellowed decals.   The whole idea here is to have everyone get something nice. 
The LSM Grand Prize will be two kits, each drawn separately.

A. brand new 1/144 Revell AN-225 Mrija kit. The original edition with three build possibilities: in flight, on the ground, and on the ground kneeling with nose raised and ramp deployed. The kit comes with a very complete interior.  It also includes the final Antonov Airlines white, blue, yellow Ukrainian scheme she was wearing when destroyed on the ground by Soviet forces last year. That’s a real VERY  LARGE scale model. And…
B. HK A-20G, including one full set of Zotz A-20G PTO decals and masks.

Yes, they’re each more than 120, but I make the roolz and this will be THE Grand Prize offered. Each will be drawn individually at the end of the raffle, and everyone will be eligible  

5.    Impropriety:    To avoid any sense of impropriety, I am going to ask that all people who feel led to contribute gifts to please verify your gifts as listed correctly. If I list it wrong, please let me know so I can correct it in time. Anything LSM related is good in my book.     Aircraft, AFVs, SciFi, Ships, are all OK.  It makes my job easier when it comes to keeping track of who gave and won what.

6.    More Impropriety:  As the organizer and overseer of this operation, once again, I will again give, but will NOT be eligible for any gift drawings.  

7.   Winning is great. Giving is an awesome thing.

8.    But remember, if you offer a gift, you're responsible for getting it to the winner. 

8a.  If shipping is outrageous, giver can substitute a gift card of similar value to the winner so he can source it locally.  In the EU, for sample, Duties, Taxes, Brokerage, and VAT for items shipped from the US are astronomical for someone on a tight income in the EU.  So consider for, say, a Brit, sourcing a gift card from Hannants. In the EU? One of the big German, Czech, or Polish model houses might be a good choice .  If that isn’t an option, contact me and I’ll arrange to help with shipping and VAT charges as I can. 

9.     Gift givers and winners are to contact each other in a timely manner and winner must provide shipping information so the giver can get the package in the mail. 

10.   This is a fun Christmas Raffle, guys.  If you pledge a gift, please make every effort to get it out in a timely fashion. 

11.    I will attempt to update the prize list and the names of those who entered the raffle on a daily basis.  If there's more entrants than gifts, not everyone will receive a gift.  If there's more gifts than entrants, then some will get more than one.  

12.   Drawing:  Christmas Day in the USA, because that's where I live, and I work the day before, so the Aussies and the Kiwis gotta wait an extra day. Sorry guys!

• Like 4

I'm in with the winners choice of the following:

- 1/35 Border Models Tiger I early

PXL_20231119_031028481_MP.thumb.jpg.a408e6829c421c55471c45b79db14edd.jpg

Or

- a $75 USD or equivalent gift card to one of  the major online shop of the winner's choosing/locale 

So Hannants, Sprue Brothers, BNA, etc

I'll try to get a pic of the Tiger kit shortly. 

Carl

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Added pics
  • Like 6

• Administrators
1 hour ago, smitty44 said:

I'm in. Kit value is debatable,  but wasnt 120 when I bought it.....

Revell_04688_Ar-196VG+.JPG

awesome!  The 120 was simply a suggestion.  I expect that kit is worth its weight in gold today. Plus, there are countless other non Luftwaffe schemes for it as well, including several cool civilian schemes.  I think even the Japanese had one or two

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I'm in with the winners choice of the following:

- 1/35 Border Models Tiger I early

PXL_20231119_031028481_MP.thumb.jpg.a408e6829c421c55471c45b79db14edd.jpg

Or

- a $75 USD or equivalent gift card to one of  the major online shop of the winner's choosing/locale 

So Hannants, Sprue Brothers, BNA, etc

I'll try to get a pic of the Tiger kit shortly. 

Carl

NICE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're right about things being tight ... but I find the only way out of any financial difficulty is to give my way out - while maintaining an attitude of gratitude for what I do have ... I'm in with a gift voucher to your favourite local hobby store (worldwide) - equivalent to $100 AUD - however that translates into your local currency.

Top of the season to you - one and all 🎅 🎄

Rog :)

• Like 8

• Administrators
19 hours ago, HubertB said:

That’s about what I needed 😉. 130 m3 is a BIG move by any standards 

Hubert

Well, it is a civilian bird designed for peaceful purposes.  I certainly like that. And it was used for many humanitarian needs, worldwide. 

• Like 4

Saw a documentary on the Antonov. Seems like they have a breakdown on just about every flight they had to ship parts in to complete the trip.  Almost like the C-5.  My Dad was on the C5 design and test team. He told us some interesting stories of that big bird. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
9 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Saw a documentary on the Antonov. Seems like they have a breakdown on just about every flight they had to ship parts in to complete the trip.  Almost like the C-5.  My Dad was on the C5 design and test team. He told us some interesting stories of that big bird. 

I’m not surprised. I’ve heard the C-5 was a real maintenance hog, as are most of those big birds.   People who haven’t been there have no idea how much logistics are needed to keep big birds like that happy and in the air. You need an entire support industry behind you. The slightly smaller An-124s are apparently somewhat better, but they were designed as a strategic military airlifter so maybe a bit more redundancy. 
But the ability to move almost two An-124 or C-5 loads in one move is good, but to be able to take single items that otherwise would never be considered as a candidate for air transport is golden. 
I expect there will be a real push to get another back in the air as sonn as possible. One that’s NOT under of the CCP, who once wanted to buy the second airframe. 

• Like 3

• Clunkmeister changed the title to 2023 LSM Christmas Raffle. Quick Grand Prize change up to make it better.
  • Administrators

I’m in with this amazing resin kit. 1/32 Supermarine Attacker, by Iconicair.  Having built this Company’s Seafang, I was so impressed that I immediately bought an Attacker and will build it in the New Year.  So I’ll now offer up another to one lucky winner. 
What’s not to love about an early FAA carrier jet. And a taildragger, too!  

201030A5-A373-4C18-BA96-5E0AAF9A2173.jpeg

• Like 6