The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell He 111 P - FINISHED!!

According to USPS tracking, I should have paint tomorrow.  I still cannot figure out how or why the USPS logistics works the way it does.  
Both my orders shipped at the same time.  Gundam Store out of ATL came straight to the Columbia processing center.  
USA Gundam from FL went to Charleston and then to Columbia processing center.  
Both arrived in Columbia yesterday.  The ATL delivery says tomorrow.  FL package says Tuesday.  They’re both on the way to my local PO right now.  
Oh, and the FL delivery originally had Monday delivery.  
Two best jobs in the world to have would be logistics guy for delivery companies and a weatherman.  
You can screwup 100% of the time and keep your job.  
Anyhow, taped up the inside of the windows this morning so I can start blasting paint after delivery. Well, maybe.  Unpredictable with the wife’s situation now. I’ll be chauffeuring her around town for a while it looks like.  

IMG_1418.thumb.jpeg.eaa8cd862ea230d345fc62bd7a6c5bae.jpeg

• Like 14

Scott

Nice choice for the GB and some mighty nice progress as well. 

Yup. love those MRP paints and it's always a crap shoot as to if SB has what I need in stock, most of the time some not all the paints I need for a project.

The beauty of the old Model Master Enamels ... all the colors were in stock almost all the time and if not, everyone carried them.   

• Like 5

On with the RLM 02, Scott, your bird looks super bueno. Your solution with the casted on axle stubs into the brass gear struts is fantastic..
Like Carl said, AK Real colors are for real, spray exceptionable well, thinned with leveling thinner and are durable and seem to have the right shades.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DocRob said:

On with the RLM 02, Scott, your bird looks super bueno. Your solution with the casted on axle stubs into the brass gear struts is fantastic..
Like Carl said, AK Real colors are for real, spray exceptionable well, thinned with leveling thinner and are durable and seem to have the right shades.

Cheers Rob

Ok Rob and Carl, I submitted.   I just ordered a couple sets of the WWII USAAF colors. All the Navy and Marine colors were sold out at Andy’s.  

• Like 4

• Administrators

Looking GREAT, Scott!

It’s hard to believe that the old 111 served in military service well into the 1960s with a few Nations.  It was certainly a solid design, if not all that aesthetically appealing. 

• Like 5

Bench time is on hold temporarily.  Working on the hot tub steps I over did it a little. I’m having back spasms that are wanting to hang around a little longer than expected.  Tried sitting at the bench but the spasms kept causing Tourette’s type four letter words. 
So here I sit in my recliner and the wife in hers with her cast on her leg. What a fine mess we’ve gotten ourselves in! 
Strange thing is, back was worse yesterday but sitting at the bench wasn’t a problem. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

23 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Reading UK EBay last night, some muppet put this kit up plus AM for £700.00 ……….someones been at the mushrooms…..

Clutching at straws like an over excited scarecrow ..

That Border 111 will hopefully stop this nonsense . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just a little note to the interior colours, from around 1940  the cockpits were painted RLM 66. There could be deviations, so it is the best to follow an actual photograph if available. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Just a little note to the interior colours, from around 1940  the cockpits were painted RLM 66. There could be deviations, so it is the best to follow an actual photograph if available. 

I read it was somewhere around ‘41.  This build is set for 1940 decals so I should be ok.  

• Like 4

And I got to piddle around a little at the bench today before the back started reminding me I shouldn’t be sitting forward.   
Now talk about a complicated Rue Goldberg tail wheel…this is a brass G Factor so I had to piece it together with epoxy.  Would have been easier with 4 hands but the putty helped hold things in place so I could slap on the other half of the fuselage so it cured in place.  

IMG_1453.thumb.jpeg.3834a68ebae8de30a860a76380fb58fd.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Looks simple, but it was like trying to juggle bowling balls.  

Just don't do that near your wife's ankle! :D

What glue did you use for the gear? I have some 1 min epoxy I'll use for that sort of thing. Not as fast as CA but stronger and you have time to finesse the fit. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Just don't do that near your wife's ankle! :D

What glue did you use for the gear? I have some 1 min epoxy I'll use for that sort of thing. Not as fast as CA but stronger and you have time to finesse the fit. 

1 minute?  Didn’t know it existed. I used 5 min. 

• Like 2

Progress!   But short lived.  Off to the mountains of NC in the morning for more skiing and tubing fun.  Well, not for the wife.  :rofl:
This will be a kids trip. Kids and grandkids that is. 
But here’s where I’m at. 
IMG_1455.thumb.jpeg.ece1fee0d0abe80c651ad0bbb7ad667d.jpeg

IMG_1456.thumb.jpeg.f22f875e8ff084ea35f539d85f180db6.jpeg

Those fuselage gaps though.  Oooff!  Gonna be some work to smooth them out and fill in the sink marks where the alignment pins and holes are at.  

• Like 8

Hopefully it’s not too late this time.
No need to rework it completely , I tried and …..you would never be done, just move the instrument panel a wee bit higher. Once you button it up, it’s almost invisible. These pictures are readily available on LSP   I should have factory manuals and pretty much anything you might need for this , just ask for specific details.

• Like 3