The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Taming the Owl! Revell's He-219

• Administrators

With the Do-335 cleared out of the way I think it's time to finally tackle one of my all time favorite subjects.

The He-219...

I could have bought the ZM one but I chose not to. Why? Because the kit is over engineered which causes a lot of AM companies to ignore it. Thinking it doesn't need anything.

Revell's He-219 is cheap and basic. Yeah yeah, i know about the engine shape and canopy and I don't care. CMK, ProfiModeller, Eduard, HGW, and more companies have released juicy upgrades. This enables me to indulge in my favorite activity.... AM-hunting!!

Waiting for some shipments now and when they arrive, I'm taming the Owl!

Watch this space...

Cheers,

Jeroen

• Like 5

• Administrators

You kept that one secret ;)

That's an inspired choice, and at a fraction of the price of the ZM. I know there are the sets you're adding which adds to cost, but hey, this is about modelling! 

Really can't wait to see what you do with this.

The ZM kit is pretty much full of crap you'll never see, and your work is targeted at the stuff you can see. I heard they might release this as 1:48 too, but I have the perfect antidote to that too. Watch this space!

• Like 4

Nice Jeroen! I chose the exact opposite direction and bought the Z-M He 219A-0, because we differ of opinion and I DID want the model with the better shapes. AND because it's already an A-0 which flew from Venlo in the Netherlands in the operational testing phase.

But I'm REALLY curious to see what you'll make of this kit with all the AM you are going to put into it! It'll be good, I know! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Like 1

But I'm REALLY curious to see what you'll make of this kit with all the AM you are going to put into it! It'll be good, I know! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

​Me thinks someones spends too much time in Virginia. Your not suddenly attracted to small farm animals are you now.

file-123.jpg 

• Like 1

I have no interest in Luftwaffe subjects and the finished article was too big to fit on my shelves but I built the Revell kit as a no hassle build to refresh my modelling mojo and it worked, I thoroughly enjoyed the build, and had to extend my shelf, enjoy

Cheers

Dennis

Fellow LSMer, abrams21, built the ZM. Did an absolutely knock out job. But he says save your money. There were some fit issues that should never happen to a kit that costs that much.

Looks like there are some areas on every Z-M kit that do need some extra TLC. I've seen it with the AD-6, P-51D and the Ta 152 too. On the other hand; the AD-6 has a MUCH better prop and engine than Trumpeter, the P-51D is €30 to €40 cheaper than Tamiya's over here, the Ta 152 has great details and is the only "mainstream" longwing available and the Uhu has better shapes than the Revell.

• Like 1

Looks like there are some areas on every Z-M kit that do need some extra TLC. I've seen it with the AD-6, P-51D and the Ta 152 too. On the other hand; the AD-6 has a MUCH better prop and engine than Trumpeter, the P-51D is €30 to €40 cheaper than Tamiya's over here, the Ta 152 has great details and is the only "mainstream" longwing available and the Uhu has better shapes than the Revell.

Uummm..does..uum…..you know who know about these kits??

file-133.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hehe... The Revell kit is only 45 dollars. When 'you know who' asks about the price, you won't have to lie :)

On the other hand:

10349874_10152736712267079_8154629824231

Better make sure you store all the extra goodies INSIDE the Revell box...

A few of these sets are superfluous. Radu cowling flaps. These are also inside the MK1 set. Master radar. Also in the MK1 set. 

Then I discovered I bought the CMK armament set twice by mistake. And today i found the Kagero He219 Vol.II book in my collection, whilst wanting to buy that today.

Like I said: i have no issues with the Revell shape issues. The reason is that when I first saw a built Revell He-219 I also saw a built ZM He-219 a few steps away. I went back and forth comparing, but could not discover any obvious differences. This was at Telford a couple of years ago. 

I'm just planning to have some fun with this kit.

Cheers,

Jeroen

• Like 2