Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Mikester

Spitfire Group Build....Rules and Information

Cut off is 30th Sep. To be honest... you really don't need any of the eduard stuff for the Tamiya kit. I would go box stock with some Barracuda bits and a am harness

Having trouble justifying the expense of the Tamiya kits. What I may do is the Revell (ex Matchbox) Spit Mk XXII/XXIV with a few (inexpensive) aftermarket goodies. Still have to think about it.

Modelling on a fixed income (SSDI - Social Security Disability Insurance) is tough!

• Like 1

Matt, that choice should 't be too difficult. Build both alongside.

Cees

• Like 1

Barracuda has free world wide shipping atm....convenient

And there goes my oob idea out of the window again :censored:

I've got a MKVI in my stash, so i'am going to build this one, trumpeter 1/24 scale

images_zps1lazx6sg.jpeg

I'm in with the new Revell mk 2, probably done as a mk1. Have ordered the requisite Barracuda bits,but will try to re-shape the spinner myself. Undecided on the scheme but will probably try to cut masks for the squadron codes, so the world is my lobster ;) . Need to find lettering for the aircraft number though. Does anyone know of any sources for these??

Mike.

Well if there is a chance to acquire a signed copy of your book on building the Spitfire MkII then how could I not join in :D 

A 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk XVI in a post-war silver scheme.

You just can't have too many Spitfires B)

Well, it seems we have a Sptfire XVI extravaganza. And since Mal is making my masks I might as well declare my intent and toss my hat in the ring too! In honour of our 100 year ANZAC brothership, I will be doing a Kiwi bird, the Tamiya XVIe from 485 Squadron OU-V.. Photos to follow

Regards,

Kent

• Like 1

I'll throw a prize in for this...an exclusive, signed copy of my book, 'How to Build the Revell Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IIa'

Well, it's the least I can do ;)

​Grreeaaatttt….. Get a book on how to build one after I finish building one. :lol: 

• Like 1

Please note the new end date for this GB is now 31 December 15.