The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HPH B-36

Clunkmeister

• Administrators
4 hours ago, smitty44 said:

There she is Ern. You gonna go for the stressed skin effect?

No, not in your wildest dreams. But even if I wanted to, I think it’d be wildly out of scale.  I think a combination of paint and foil would be killer on this thing. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The photo of the B-36 over the beach is a very early version. It has the 6 reciprocating (propeller) engines, but the four jet engines are not attached. My dad, Ivor Parry Evans, was a bombardier in B-25s in the Army Air Corps in World War 2. Then in 1950 he became a radar navigator bombardier in B-36s. Then a radar navigator in B-52s. He later became the base commander at Walker Air Force Base in Roswell, NM. I have a photo of him shaking hands with Major General Douglas Nelson, ex-commander of Area 51.   Richard M. Evans

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Richard M Evans said:

The photo of the B-36 over the beach is a very early version. It has the 6 reciprocating (propeller) engines, but the four jet engines are not attached. My dad, Ivor Parry Evans, was a bombardier in B-25s in the Army Air Corps in World War 2. Then in 1950 he became a radar navigator bombardier in B-36s. Then a radar navigator in B-52s. He later became the base commander at Walker Air Force Base in Roswell, NM. I have a photo of him shaking hands with Major General Douglas Nelson, ex-commander of Area 51.   Richard M. Evans

Welcome Richard, amazing story, where did fly 25’s from?……

• Like 5

In this photo, my dad is the 4th from the left on the front row, Ivor Parry Evans. (Bombardier) The photo was taken at Walker Air Force Base outside Roswell, New Mexico. In 1955, on another crew at Walker, he and they won the bombing competition for all of SAC (Strategic Air Command). I just wrote a book about him and the Roswell Crash of 1947 which will come out on Amazon in October. The book is Roswell, Area 51, and God. I also have a photo of him shaking hands with Major General Douglas Nelson, ex-commander of Area 51.  Richard M. Evans

http://www.zianet.com/tmorris/S-02Crew1957.jpg

• Sad 1