The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HPH B-36

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

I have no idea how to communicate the massive size of this thing.  This is one wing panel, held directly over my Wingnuts Gotha.  One wing panel is as wide as the entire Gotha. 

I have no idea how I’ll display this when done. 

73180711-C8EE-44F1-BDF3-A3BA16722647.jpeg

• Like 6

If you put it on a shelf, you will have to cut holes in the outside walls of the house for the wings................... that would look cool....... the cops would be able to find you easy then..... and yeah, looks like my bench, it will need to be shoveled off for sure.....  can't wait to watch this one go together... for once I may get the front row seat..............

Jeff

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 8/28/2018 at 7:17 AM, IainMackayDall said:

Very envious, but I presume its a 1/48 scale. If it were at 1/32 would the box fit through any door?

Iain, let me assure you of this;

This model cost me $615.00. Yes it’s expensive, but it’s than half of what you would pay online. They’re on eBay, Sprue Brothers, and other places for $1250.00 and more. My HPH dealer is 15 Miles from my home so I pay no shipping. If you, or anyone else wants one, I believe he may have a couple more available. 

The price I paid for this is almost half what people pay for Tamiya 1/16 scale tanks, or about five Wingnut two seaters, plus, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.   I’d say if you want the Peacemaker, this is as good as it’ll ever get and is probably the only chance you’ll have at trade price.

Old guns and models are my only real hobbies these days, so if you’re like me, buy one. Heck, if you don’t like it, put it on eBay and double your money. Me, I’m a builder, not a speculator. I build my stuff.

• Like 5

• Administrators

You also get a special numbered plaque that goes with the model, and two seriously large and heavy plugs of nose weight, that are discs the diameter of the fuselage. 

I have no clue what they’re made of but they seem heavier even than lead. Depleted uranium perhaps? :)  Who knows, but they’re darn heavy.

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

6BWB-36formationbig.jpg

The thing looks positively graceful in those pics. I never really realized the size of these until seeing one last year in Omaha. It actually made the B-52 seem small, even though it’s probably bigger. 

• Like 3