Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

I'm a bad boy

harv

• Administrators
10 hours ago, plasticdoc said:

Now, I have resisted commenting on all of this up until now but I feel that smitty44’s post referenced above deserves a response.  

Hi PlasticDoc, Welcome to LSM! 

Invisible to you and many others are the conversations I had behind the scenes with most ex-lsp members and Kevin from LSP. I told everyone the same: Get it of your chest once and let it be. I won't close down any topics or block members without good reason. This topic so far is not getting out of hand. As long as i see more pics of squirrels than jabs, I'm fine with it. Even Kevin got to say his bit. 

Your opinion is well laid out and duly noted.

As you I hope to see the build section flourish and this topic gather dust!

• Like 6

Guest Kagemusha
On 9/15/2018 at 5:22 AM, smitty44 said:

Funny that the members over there can't even have an open, healthy conversation about the exodus of known LSP criminals without fear of retribution or thread being deleted. Sad

15 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Sir, I have no desire to debate anything  as I am sure it will become an argument. I am entitled to disagree with you, as you are with me, without having to try and prove it. I have reasons to think the way I do, and ask that you respect that. 

Bit hypocritical, no? Quite why you think you should dictate what happens on TOS - hilarious acronym by the way - is beyond me Big Man. 

Guest Kagemusha
15 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

X2!  plasticdoc, a wholehearted welcome to LSM.

This issue to me at least, was dead and buried up until 15 minutes ago, so here's my .02.  I'll be the very first one to admit that, (personally at least), I could have handled things differently regarding how I interacted with others.  I'm very black and white, and my views, which might be a bit to the right of what younger generations believe, might show through at times.  I've been a member over there for quite a few years, and up until the time I was brutally attacked by member SB who then left and has since returned, I've enjoyed my time immensely.  Although the Mods did an exemplary job and deleted the attack within a few seconds of being advised of it, for whatever reason, after that incident, my personal experience certainly seemed to take a rapid downhill slide in a very big hurry. 

I was publicly shamed by a couple of LSP Mods for discussions in a restricted access private internet chatroom that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with LSP.

But this is about Smitty44 and his honor.  I believe Smitty44, who was also a member of that chat group, was punished for using common military expressions and tongue in cheek Americanisms in that chatroom as well.  His comments, at least the ones I saw,  were definitely taken out of context.   

I consider Smitty44 a very close friend, as is Harvey, Martin, and several others here as well, and they are all stand up guys who would give you the shirt off your back of they thought you needed it.  I feel that Smitty44 was given a bad rap, with his private off site comments were taken completely out of context, and he was punished based solely upon those out of context comments.  They all had their personal reasons for leaving, all I'm sure are quite different than mine.

Personally, Matt, just so you know, (not that it matters), I think you're a decent guy as well. A bit rash at times, but decent, well meaning and for the most part, levelheaded.  As I've publically stated ad nauseum, I have absolutely no beef whatsoever with LSP.  It's your ship, and you command, crew, and control it as you see fit, and accept the outcome of those decisions, as any good OIC does.

We're all grown men and we all love this hobby, as well as the friends we've made in this hobby.  Leaving LSP, for me at least, was a necessary thing to do.

Ernie

Oh, and TOS stands for "The Other Site". Nothing else, nothing sinister, it's just a term that I have used for decades.  It's obviously a military term, and was used for referring to microwave radio relay networking back in the 1970s and 80s.

Time to set the record straight; you sent SB abusive pm's because he dared to criticise Trump, which led to his outburst. You were publicly shamed? You started a thread discussing the merits of reviews, and made a point of mentioning the KH Su-22, it later became clear that it was in truth an attack on Doogs - who is also a member here, has written reviews too - which led to the thread being locked, as it contravened site rules. Now you could have taken issue with Doogs direct via his review youtube post, but you preferred to fight the good fight in front of a slavering audience. This in turn led to Juggernut, egged on by that voice of reason, Smitty - but lets not discuss it eh? - starting a thread about censorship on TOS - :rofl:- and when you interjected playing the ingenue, I let you know we'd seen a post on a facebook group - which Iain had seen, which led you to having Iain removed from, nice touch - where you bragged about getting back at Doogs for daring to write a review of a kit how he saw it. 

You claim to be a religious man, but yet you're far from tolerant. What would Jesus say? Why don't you go through Jim's reviews, see if there's one you don't like and act accordingly? Though I'm guessing you won't.

Back to the show; I didn't relay what you'd aid on the facebook group, so there was no public shaming - unless you had a bout of narcissistic injury - and it had everything to do with TOS, as it was very clear your motivation for starting the thread, which was potentially contentious from the outset.

Regards Smitty and his honour, really? What he posted was quite disgusting and highly offensive, and wasn't the action of anyone with honour, there was no ambiguity in what he said, so all that about it being taken out of context is just plain cow poo, no matter how you try to dress it up.

I hope you all move on and desist from all the petty sniping, it really is infantile.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Time to set the record straight;

No Andy. You do NOT get to set any record straight on LSM.

If there's a quarrel or a squirrel (in this case) I am the one that sets records straight. 

As i said before: people are allowed to blow of some steam and things were just about to cool down when Kevin posted his side of things.

So I talked to Kevin and our new friends over here and asked everyone to cool down. Now, far into Squirrel season, you think you can come over here to set a record straight. I'm not picking any sides, only setting boundaries to avoid things spiraling out of control like they did on LSP. If you have something to say you can send me a PM.

And now, again, I only want to see squirrels under this post and great builds in the build section!

• Like 7