The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

38 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Fantastic new garage Jeff. 

Looks like you even have room for a lift. Or two. 

Carl

Yeah I do, but only 9 foot ceilings due to some local 'rulez and regz'.... was a bit painful to jump the extra hoops for a higher ceiling, it is 26x30, and yeah maybe a bit large, but my thoughts were to have both cars in and all doors open and be able to walk around with out bumping into stuff..... AND  I am going to do my best not to make this a 'catch all' for every bit of junk and crap that comes into this yard ! LOL  Lets see how long that lasts... the beer fridge is full too....and got some nice matching cabinets too...... I have been told I am only going to live once , so... what the Hell..... lol

306895822_1272282703625800_6777944272869116376_n.jpg

310076743_3358731591031317_1323130664661291590_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Yeah I do, but only 9 foot ceilings due to some local 'rulez and regz'.... was a bit painful to jump the extra hoops for a higher ceiling, it is 26x30, and yeah maybe a bit large, but my thoughts were to have both cars in and all doors open and be able to walk around with out bumping into stuff..... AND  I am going to do my best not to make this a 'catch all' for every bit of junk and crap that comes into this yard ! LOL  Lets see how long that lasts... the beer fridge is full too....and got some nice matching cabinets too...... I have been told I am only going to live once , so... what the Hell..... lol

Nice, glad to see the all important beer fridge is there.

Jeff, we wanted to build a 2 story garage but at the time it wouldn't have been approved. The city then changed zoning laws and started to allow them 18 months after. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Nice Garage.  Show us pics in a few months once you get a few center folds up on the walls.  Looking kind of bare.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

I do, Hubert, I keep mentioning to Cathy, a '67 L71  4 speed , roadster would fit right in that spot..... seems she either can't hear me or is ignoring my suggestion....:rofl:

Hey, that's unfair ! If women start applying the "selective" hearing tactic of men, we are truly lost guys 😨 !

Hubert ( whose wife was the one pushing him for buying his own "girl" )

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Jeff said:

Yeah I do, but only 9 foot ceilings due to some local 'rulez and regz'.... was a bit painful to jump the extra hoops for a higher ceiling, it is 26x30, and yeah maybe a bit large, but my thoughts were to have both cars in and all doors open and be able to walk around with out bumping into stuff..... AND  I am going to do my best not to make this a 'catch all' for every bit of junk and crap that comes into this yard ! LOL  Lets see how long that lasts... the beer fridge is full too....and got some nice matching cabinets too...... I have been told I am only going to live once , so... what the Hell.....

I reckon you could fit a mezzanine floor at the pitch line for storage of light goods…..stash………etc…….also remove the access ladder and prying eyes will never suspect…….

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I really appreciate it........ Phil, there IS access to a section above the ceiling for stash.... hhhmmmmm  ...... I will do that Gary.. ;-)....  Hubert, we have to stick together and hopefully not be doomed...;)..... sounds like your wife is a 'car guy' as we say.... what kind of 'girl' would she like you to get? Something where you can go 'topless' with a little jam under the hood ( bonnet) .....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I really appreciate it........ Phil, there IS access to a section above the ceiling for stash.... hhhmmmmm  ...... I will do that Gary.. ;-)....  Hubert, we have to stick together and hopefully not be doomed...;)..... sounds like your wife is a 'car guy' as we say.... what kind of 'girl' would she like you to get? Something where you can go 'topless' with a little jam under the hood ( bonnet) .....

I got it in February. It’s a Porsche 981 Cayman GTS. 
Carrera Weiss outside with Carrera Rot interior leather trim …

Hubert

image.jpeg

• Like 9

Damn Hubert.  You suck too!  
Man, that is one sweet ride!  I’ve got a weak spot for those cars. 

Jeff, if you’re looking for neons, can I give you a bit of advise?   Inspect the transformer closely on used neons.  As they age the black goo they pour around them will start to melt from over heating and start to drip out.  Eventually they might catch fire.  If you see any signs of the goo escaping, replace the transformer with a newer designed solid state unit. You can get them on Amazon.  
Check used restaurant supply stores.  They carry them.  I picked up a non-neon Bud Light spinning light up sign at my local store.  
Start looking for neon repair shops in your area too.   Sometimes you can get a broken neon free from sellers just to get it out of their way and it can easily be repaired for around $100-$150. 

About 28-29 years ago someone gave me a Welcome to Miller Time neon.  Got the tubes fixed for $75 and then about a year later I noticed a small black stalagmite growing under the light on a door frame.   Called the neon shop back and they wanted something like $150 for a transformer.  I stuck it in the corner and forgot about it until a few years ago and started searching online and found neon transformers on Amazon for a lot less. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Damn Hubert.  You suck too!  
Man, that is one sweet ride!  I’ve got a weak spot for those cars. 

Jeff, if you’re looking for neons, can I give you a bit of advise?   Inspect the transformer closely on used neons.  As they age the black goo they pour around them will start to melt from over heating and start to drip out.  Eventually they might catch fire.  If you see any signs of the goo escaping, replace the transformer with a newer designed solid state unit. You can get them on Amazon.  
Check used restaurant supply stores.  They carry them.  I picked up a non-neon Bud Light spinning light up sign at my local store.  
Start looking for neon repair shops in your area too.   Sometimes you can get a broken neon free from sellers just to get it out of their way and it can easily be repaired for around $100-$150. 

About 28-29 years ago someone gave me a Welcome to Miller Time neon.  Got the tubes fixed for $75 and then about a year later I noticed a small black stalagmite growing under the light on a door frame.   Called the neon shop back and they wanted something like $150 for a transformer.  I stuck it in the corner and forgot about it until a few years ago and started searching online and found neon transformers on Amazon for a lot less. 

Wow... I had NO idea about the neon, thanks for the GREAT advice and tips , Scott... something I will definitely look into...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HubertB said:

I got it in February. It’s a Porsche 981 Cayman GTS. 
Carrera Weiss outside with Carrera Rot interior leather trim …

Hubert

image.jpeg

NNIIIIICCCCEEE ride Hubert, I bet carving the curves is a blast in that one..... what a beauty.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeff said:

Wow... I had NO idea about the neon, thanks for the GREAT advice and tips , Scott... something I will definitely look into...

After I posted I went to Amazon looking at transformers.  They’re only around $35.  Just plan on swapping them out no matter how good the old one seems.  Cheap insurance. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am big into fulfilling my needs, camping, hiking, getting groceries safely. All of that requires reliable set of wheels in this savage climate.  Last winter I got stuck in a snow bank, just on the side of the road. It was in my Grand Cherokee AWD, with all of the computerized nannys, not being able to help me with traction. Two hours from the nearest town in -30, not fun.

Also this is my toy to play with, so I am playing :)

• Like 4