Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I just picked up this poster in Edmonton. Came with a few extras. :)

IMG_2176.jpeg

Good job , buddy. !!! I know what the ‘extras’ are and they are awesome! VERY glad they ‘tossed in ‘ the extras with the poster ! 

• Haha 1

Cleaning up a bit. 

the drain grommet in the firewall cavity was clogged with debris that over the years cumulated in there. No rust, fortunately…

IMG_2180.jpeg

Cabin filter was filthy beyond recognition .

IMG_2181.jpeg

Cleaned it all up and with the new filter the car doesn’t smell nearly so bad  :)

IMG_2182.jpeg

these louvres are not functional, so off they go  

IMG_2183.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/18/2018 at 11:17 AM, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Mkay. So not yours. Now you got me there... LOL

I'm not going to dust my Bullitt until your Capri will be finished and perfectly cured. Haven't been able to spot any squirrel paw prints, so far. :ph34r:

MUNio3Q.jpg

When in doubt,  blame Ivan :)

Ok ,, I was forced to move my restoration project indoors. Ford somehow designed the trunk deck lid out of particle board which naturally collapsed and the spare tire carrier bolt punched straight through. 
I made a new piece out of 3/8 plywood and traced the carpet shape to a new rubberized base liner. 

Talking about cheap,,Ford also omitted the spare tire and instead provided tire repair inflator kit. That is long gone, so i might pick up full spare.  Basic maintenance it is. 

IMG_2229.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Ok ,, I was forced to move my restoration project indoors. Ford somehow designed the trunk deck lid out of particle board which naturally collapsed and the spare tire carrier bolt punched straight through. 
I made a new piece out of 3/8 plywood and traced the carpet shape to a new rubberized base liner. 

Talking about cheap,,Ford also omitted the spare tire and instead provided tire repair inflator kit. That is long gone, so i might pick up full spare.  Basic maintenance it is. 

IMG_2229.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg

The actual reason for no spare is weight reduction numbers and trying to squeeze every oz. of gas to increase MPG. When I ordered my ‘15 I opted out on Performance Pack and went with an 18” wheel so I could order the spare tire option. 

Weight reduction my sorry ass that is going to buy a new spare tire set from Ford Racing division. I call that a poor corporate call based on some odd internal politics in order to satisfy someone, but definitely not a customer. My 15 has PP with large Brembos and full spare, I guess they learned in time.

Interesting. Spare tire was not an option with the PP in case someone had a rear flat and used it. The Torsen diff doesn’t play well with two different size tire diameters.  
And LOL if you think Ford is there to satisfy a customer.  It’s all about the share holders. 

• Like 1

I hear you Scott , but we can always hope. :) 

The spare tire kit came in mine and when I asked if it clears the front brakes, the answer was no, apparently you have to put it in the rear and use rear to replace the flat in the front. Solid Ford logic. So later I switched to staggered setup to make it even more interesting lol

anyway I put the trunk monkey carpet in  , the colour is much lighter then the original. If I get to my OCD mode in the spring I might glue the original over it  

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2242.jpeg

• Like 2

This reminds of the first gen Audi TT. The car came with a donut spare that the spare tire well was sized to fit. A full size didn't fit.  So if you got a flat, you had to put the wheel with the flat on the passenger seat. They included a bag to put it in so the seat wouldn't get dirty. No mention on what your passenger was supposed to do though. 

• Haha 3