Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Caught in the doldrums, so drag one off the SOD

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

My Mustang’s sitting there, I’m sanding and fitting, needing a break, futzing away on the Würger, needing a break, keep pushing the PBJ out of the way as it’s taking up so much bloody room on the bench.  Sigh.

time to press on and finish the PBJ so I can concentrate on my my super detailed Mustang, I think.  Been drifting and bobbing about in the doldrums of late. 

It really sux going nowhere.

• Like 3

I have the perfect remedy Buddy...

I go and ask the good Lady Wife "Is there anything I can do for you, my Dear?"

After an hour or so, I strangely find that I have a renewed zest for the Hobby!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Wumm said:

I have the perfect remedy Buddy...

I go and ask the good Lady Wife "Is there anything I can do for you, my Dear?"

After an hour or so, I strangely find that I have a renewed zest for the Hobby!

Yep...  Work is great hobby inspiration.

Gaz

• Like 2

Ernie, I feel for you buddy.  I've ahead a few complex builds lately that slowed me down.  I tried a quick P-47 build but that went sideways quick.  I'm enjoying my B-25 immensely so far but I know it'll be a long time till it's done.  So, I'll be pulling out a Wingnut Fokker that I started to get a fun, easy, successful build done to really recharge my batteries. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

This is depressing. A year’s worth of fiddle-farting around netted me this.  Yes, it kinda looks like amateur hour here, but that was the state of affairs when I put it aside a year ago. The interior is resin castings with all extra details scratched. The jump seat is just sitting unsecured on the floor.

Plus two decent engines and a tail gun emplacement but that’s not important right now. 

Plenty of scratching left to do along with radio mounting and ALL the wiring. Then weathering it to look like it spent the last year operating off a coral island in the middle of the salt filled air of the sweltering South Pacific. In other words, weather it to within an inch of its life. (Think A-36 Apache in 1945)

I have plenty of placards for her, panel, side panels, radios, etc.

Like others here, I’m scratching a large portion of the interior, and most, if not all will be invisible when finished   But it’s fun and educational, and I really don’t know when or where to stop  

DDD6FB5A-A326-4F01-9617-C8773ED8E3A3.jpeg

08EC92EB-30C4-4930-AE11-49377726E612.jpeg

CFE4AE8D-A0B2-415E-8130-4641DFC94246.jpeg

6D3935CE-ABC7-4C77-B463-E1001A7D1DA2.jpeg

• Like 6

• Administrators
6 hours ago, GazzaS said:

That center console is awesome!

Thanks Gazz. I got f do up with the endless pe and resin and at one time, almost binned the whole bunch. 

It’s a touch monotonous looking right now, but that’ll change quickly enough. I have some cool little brass 75mm shells to place in the rack as well. The other fuselage side is constructed as well and there is a loader’s seat and radio rack installed.  I need to make a gun breech and a floor ejection trapdoor for spent casings.  And of course, there will be a literal nest of wiring

Sad that most of this will never be seen

• Like 4

Hang in there Buddy, as Ive been treading the same waters: start ‘em and then the juices go south. I’ve lost track on how many starts this year and have vowed it’s time for a stiff drink, a kick in the butt, buckle down and get someting finished since my Tamiya 48th scale Tomcat - seems so long a go.

Discussed this with John and low and behold a Tamiya F4U-1D is on the bench. It broke open the dam and I’m back building and enjoying - update this week.

Just think FUN and  NO STRESS. Grab another T-28 or Tamiya kit and dive in. It’s what the doc ordered

Peter

• Like 3