Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1st LSM Christmas Raffle (list updated)

Clunkmeister

15 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

That’s it? I’ll enter the bear nuts if you’re putting it in. :)

No, if you're putting the nuts in you're going about it the wrong way.

Stand by, I'll have a rummage...

• Like 3

OK, my donation towards the LSM Christmas Raffle will be:

A 1/32nd scale Hasegawa Fw190 D-9 kit; with Aires resin and photoetch cockpit set plus an EagleCals sheet of aftermarket decals.

OR...

A 1/12th scale Tamiya Yamaha Moto GP kit; with Studio 27 photoetch set, Tamiya fork upgrade set and Valentino Rossi decals.

20181224_175157.thumb.jpg.05b545832fbe080511e2f4bfb72a49d8.jpg

(I realise not everyone is into Luftwaffe subjects, and there are quite a few Bike Guys on the Site. Winner gets to choose between the two kit-and-extras options, provided the second option meets the requirements of the Raffle.)

Also, please add me to the list of recipients for the Raffle.

Steve 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

let us stay with the topic :)

599edfa3b9ec904013fc03c53c87c1cadeb1f843

Ernie looks quite good in his "bare' suit I'd say...................... this thread has gone so far off the rails, and I got up this morning turned on the computer and have been laughing with tears rolling down my face, this is SO hilarious, and goes to show, we really aren't that focused are we?? This whole thing is just priceless..... I LOVE it,

• Like 2

On 11/14/2018 at 4:19 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Ok, 

Here's what we're gonna do.  Let's do a Christmas kind of Raffle like we did over on TOS, and let's keep it simple and sweet.   I think theirs was a real decent idea in principle, and for the most part it worked real well.   Sometimes it got a bit unwieldy, so we'll attempt to keep it simple.   So I'll do a little rundown of the rules so everyone is refreshed and aware.  For those who participated over there, you'll see a couple minor rule changes implemented by me just because I can. 

1.   Anyone who wants to enter to win may do so, IF, they are an Active Member of LSM as of right now. (November 14, 2018, 1630 hrs CST)

2.   Active Member is defined as anyone who has contributed to LSM by posting to LSM within the last calender year. I'm open to interpretation on this depending on Admin/Mod feedback, as we didn't really discuss this point.  The whole idea here is to promote a feeling of Christmas Spirit and maybe get people posting more. So this may change based upon feedback.

3.   Enrolling:   Entering the raffle is easy. Just post  "I'm in" and I'll mark you down.

4.   Gifts:   You're welcome to contribute a gift to be included in the raffle.  It’s absolutely not required or expected and you do NOT need to contribute a gift to be part of the raffle.

5.    Impropriety:    To avoid any sense of impropriety, I am going to ask that all people who feel led to contribute gifts to please verify your gifts as listed correctly.  Anything LSM related is good in my book.     Aircraft and AFVs, supplies, AM, tools, etc, are all OK.     I would suggest that if you're giving a bunch of little AM bibs and bobs, or things like magazine collections, think about including them as a package.   It makes my job easier when it comes to keeping track of who gave and won what.

6.    More Impropriety:  As the organizer and overseer of this operation,  I will NOT be eligible for any gift drawings.  

7.    Giving something is cool, but there is no right or wrong. Some give kits, others a resin set of wheels or #11 blades, or decide not to.   If you feel led to, then do, cool, if not, then there is no big deal. 

8.    But remember, if you offer a gift, you're responsible for the shipping charges to the winner.

9.     Gift givers and winners are to contact each other in a timely manner and winner must provide shipping information so the giver can get the package in the mail.

10.   This is a fun Christmas Raffle, guys.  If you pledge a gift, please make every effort to get it out in a timely fashion. 

11.    I will attempt to update the prize list and the names of those who entered the raffle on a daily basis.  If there's more entrants than gifts, not everyone will receive a gift.  If there's more gifts than entrants, then some will get more than one.  

12.   Drawing:  Christmas Day in the USA, because that's where I live, and I work the day before, so the Aussies and the Kiwis gotta wait an extra day. Sorry guys!

Pretty normal stuff, eh?  I think this oughta be a fun thing and I really hope everyone has a good time with this!

Ernie

12. :)

• Like 1

• Administrators

So, here’s my thought, guys.    I’m going to have Joy help me with this in the morning.  I’m goin to place the names in my Old West Traveling Preacher’s hat, and draw the prizes one by one, down the list, in the order they are recorded on the list I have been updating.  Once all the prizes have been awarded, all the names will go back into the hat and I will then draw for the Grand Prize of the HK Models Lancaster kit. 

My wife Joy will be video recording the drawing on my iPhone, and after the drawings are complete, I will post the results here, and also attempt to upload the video either to here or to the Facebook page, whichever is easier.  I offer the video for full transparency. :)  

Good Luck y’all and have a Very Merry Christmas!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

So, here’s my thought, guys.    I’m going to have Joy help me with this in the morning.  I’m goin to place the names in my Old West Traveling Preacher’s hat, and draw the prizes one by one, down the list, in the order they are recorded on the list I have been updating.  Once all the prizes have been awarded, all the names will go back into the hat and I will then draw for the Grand Prize of the HK Models Lancaster kit. 

My wife Joy will be video recording the drawing on my iPhone, and after the drawings are complete, I will post the results here, and also attempt to upload the video either to here or to the Facebook page, whichever is easier.  I offer the video for full transparency. :)  

Good Luck y’all and have a Very Merry Christmas!

Silly question time............................. as I am not a Facebooker......... and 9 times out 7,I can't see videos on a Facebook page does that mean I'm S.O.L. for the floor show?

• Like 3

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Silly question time............................. as I am not a Facebooker......... and 9 times out 7,I can't see videos on a Facebook page does that mean I'm S.O.L. for the floor show?

I’ll try to post it here as well. Afterwards. Along with the results.

I hadn’t thought of doing it live, because I’m not FB friends with everyone here and many aren’t even on FB anyway. Was just going to post the video there. 

• Like 2