The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Only one finished build in 2018 :(

• Administrators

LOL, thanks. It’s got it’s flaws, believe me. I think the yellow’s not quite correct, close, but not quite right, and, it’s blotchy in spots. But so was the original, so who knows.

I build Kitty Hawk T-28s with my eyes closed now, but I tried to get cute with this one, and it cost me the jigsaw locking alignment this kit can give you if you do it right. But, I wrestled it through.

• Like 2

Yellow is such a hard color to get right.  But it is a great build.  I don't quantify my builds.  I just live with the daily admission that I haven't spent as much time on models as I'd wished.  there is always something pulling me away.  A task to complete.  Leaves in the pool...  Steaks to grill...  that damn full-time job.

...I only wish I had the excuse of a hot mistress that kept me from my styrene mistress...

maxresdefault.jpg

Image for discussion only.

• Like 6

• Administrators
8 hours ago, GazzaS said:

So, Ern...  What happened with the Taube?

Gaz

It’s sitting when I decide what to do with the wings. I ordered some Aviattic linen and I think I’ll use it. Nothing stopping me from finishing it now. Maybe jump back in as soon as I’m done the F-5F. It’s almost there....

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

It’s sitting when I decide what to do with the wings. I ordered some Aviattic linen and I think I’ll use it. Nothing stopping me from finishing it now. Maybe jump back in as soon as I’m done the F-5F. It’s almost there....

I freely admit that the Aviatik linen is cool.  But is it really in scale to be able to almost see the weave?

Gaz

• Like 1

I agree that we need more than paint.  But just like real metal, light and canvas react differently depending on lighting and your viewpoint.  While I'm not suggesting using real cloth, it is real easy to make ugly preshading for fabric.   Having only done a couple of canvas birds, I can't say that I've been  completely pleased with the outcome, yet.

Gaz

• Like 1

I managed to only finish one 1/32 kit this year and that was my Revell Spitfire Vb conversion

IMG_20180814_210121-L.jpg

The rest of my completions are as follows:

Tamiya Caterham 7

DSC_0453-L.jpg

Tasca Sherman Firefly Vc

IMG_20181219_223615-L.jpg

And his little brother, the Meng one

IMG_20181219_224858-L.jpg

Next, the Tiger Models AMX-10 RCR

IMG_20181219_155754-L.jpg

Lastly, the Cyberhobby Tiger 1 Fehrmann

IMG_20181009_220906-L.jpg

I should have the HK B-25s done for 2019 though which will be a big accomplishment.

Carl

• Like 7

• Administrators

Funny thing about canvas builds. I was and am VERY happy with the wings on my Felixstowe. I thought they really looked the part, sea weathered. Maybe too sea weathered for the Felix, which was the pride of the RNAS and treated as such, but for the look I was shooting for, I think I achieved it perfectly. I’ve seen plenty of well weathered salt water operated ragwing floatplanes in my days flying up north around Hudson Bay, and I copied that look exactly.

But nobody else thought so, at least no IPMS judges do, so “look” is all subjective. The same Felix came within a vote of taking the Big Eage at this year’s Squadron EagleQuest, so like I said, it’s subjective...

Your wings look great.

• Like 1