Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

48 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

I've been holding off on starting another build until the GB on Jan 1, so this is what is on my bench right now:

The desk is ready to go!

image.thumb.jpeg.c97392310167aa93080b9faf7dbbb7b5.jpeg

Storage baskets for the sprues and bins for assemblies in progress is ready to roll:

image.thumb.jpeg.20aaff80561a806ec98ad88953ecb290.jpeg

Happy holidays everyone!!

That is so very organized. 

You'd probably have a seizure if you saw my bench(es).

Carl 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

that is tooooooooooooooooooooo clean…….bravo I reckon Carl needs some pointers with his bench……..festive greetings from this side of the pond…..

Phil, it's actually not that bad. 

PXL_20221224_190518108.thumb.jpg.9863115858839732d99990c46b26748a.jpg

Ok, the middle bench isn't that bad. No comment on the other two. 

PXL_20221224_190512255.thumb.jpg.a242be9bf00746e7bf49b5d1575f1e58.jpg

PXL_20221224_190524256.thumb.jpg.9c3f65d37f86d49d50dd326ef8c349d9.jpg

Merry Christmas to the far side of the pond!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Happy Christmas Gaz, what did Santa bring you………

Thank you Phil.  So far...   everyone else is still asleep.  So  the first gift for Christmas is a peaceful morning to walk my dogs and watch some football...   Where my team had a crappy first half.   We'll do presents later.

• Like 7

Just a quick pic of my work bench. Tool cabinet draws of extra paint, tools and assorted what nots that I can never remember what's in what draw and spray booth are in other parts of my studio. But here is where I spend the majority of my time. Room light are 5000K LED High Hats. Just can't have enough light these days.

hMvk2T.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Just a quick pic of my work bench. Tool cabinet draws of extra paint, tools and assorted what nots that I can never remember what's in what draw and spray booth are in other parts of my studio. But here is where I spend the majority of my time. Room light are 5000K LED High Hats. Just can't have enough light these days.

hMvk2T.jpg

Peter you should of brought this up sooner we all could of helped .......it's just to damn organized/neat.....you can see the forest for the trees it's not suppose to be this way.:brickwall:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks Kev

So now I know my problem ... neatness and knowing where things should be. But being 75, I sometimes forget what I'm looking for and having everything in front of me, gives me a fighting chance of remembering what I'm looking for. 😉

Yep....harv 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Chris

Now that's what a workbench should look like. It's going to be a shame to mess it up building your GB entry.

I always start off this way, but it doesn't stay that way very long!  The black mesh baskets are a huge help in keeping things organized, especially when I'm doing two builds at the same time, or have a lot of AM to keep organized. I didn't the wall rack of my paints or the wood table where I organized the paints I'm going to use and line up the parts to be painted.

Like you, it helps me keep things in the same place so I remember what is where.  Periodically I look through my other bins to remind my self what is in there.  And also, can't have enough light!  The magnifying ring light is my best and most used tool.  I almost can't build without it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

hMvk2T.jpg

Peter, I really like your paint shelves!!  Did you make those?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GazzaS said:

What's the game called that that rocket is from?

11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It's a cartoon AIM-54 believe it or not. Can't remember who made it. 

Its from sabre models found this long time ago at a convention

Mark

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CANicoll said:

I always start off this way, but it doesn't stay that way very long!  The black mesh baskets are a huge help in keeping things organized, especially when I'm doing two builds at the same time, or have a lot of AM to keep organized. I didn't the wall rack of my paints or the wood table where I organized the paints I'm going to use and line up the parts to be painted.

Like you, it helps me keep things in the same place so I remember what is where.  Periodically I look through my other bins to remind my self what is in there.  And also, can't have enough light!  The magnifying ring light is my best and most used tool.  I almost can't build without it.

Chris

Same here, nothing like neat, clean organization when starting a project. As I go through each major phase of a build, I'll stop, clean up before moving on to the next stage. I just feel more comfortable working this way. I remember when I learned to fly, one of the preflight lessons was learning to fold and prepare your maps and charts for easy access in the correct order, so you wouldn't be fumbling looking for the needed one and not concentrating on actually flying or looking out of the plane for other traffic. Yup, I learned to fly in an age before cellphones and iPads, used Sectionals and WAC charts. Yes, the world has changed and electronics surely has helped with cockpit management. Just habits I've become very use to and never seemed to have changed.

Now if I could only actually remember where I put things - that's the challenge these days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CANicoll said:

And this is the not-cleaned-up-yet part.  I usually pull the paints that I'll be using for a build down onto the table.  The paint shelves are from IKEA.

I finally organized all of my sanding sticks using a silverware organizer.

image.thumb.jpeg.a9e439e9658e27e387d6c36819eaf6f8.jpeg

Chris 

Nice paint station organization - everything is where it should be.  I still haven't set up my 1530 Artogragh Spray Booth and am using a small portable unit I bought from Micro Mart. What's holding me back is the dual venting/ducting. How did you hook up yours? I have to remove the ducting from the window when done and still haven't figured out a good system. Sure wish the spray booth would have come with the ducting but it didn't.

I'm guessing from the phots, you have a 1530 Artograph dual motor setup as well.

One thing that is a point of constant aggravation is the pressure gauge that comes with almost every compressor, is too darn small to read clearly. 

• Like 2