The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

13 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Chris 

Nice paint station organization - everything is where it should be.  I still haven't set up my 1530 Artogragh Spray Booth and am using a small portable unit I bought from Micro Mart. What's holding me back is the dual venting/ducting. How did you hook up yours? I have to remove the ducting from the window when done and still haven't figured out a good system. Sure wish the spray booth would have come with the ducting but it didn't.

I'm guessing from the phots, you have a 1530 Artograph dual motor setup as well.

One thing that is a point of constant aggravation is the pressure gauge that comes with almost every compressor, is too darn small to read clearly. 

I finally went to Home Depot and picked up some flexible dryer vent hose to use with the dryer vent to exhaust my spray booth.  I have the old MicroMark single fan booth which is 20x15.  With the foam board I can block out the rest of the window so even on the coldest of days I can use the spray booth without freezing myself out of my hobby room.  Do you have one or two ports off the back of your booth?

• Like 5

21 hours ago, CANicoll said:

I finally went to Home Depot and picked up some flexible dryer vent hose to use with the dryer vent to exhaust my spray booth.  I have the old MicroMark single fan booth which is 20x15.  With the foam board I can block out the rest of the window so even on the coldest of days I can use the spray booth without freezing myself out of my hobby room.  Do you have one or two ports off the back of your booth?

Chris

When I was using the Artograph 1530 in my old studio, I actually just pushed the exhaust stubs right up against the window screen. After the renovation and moving into my new studio and being so much more aware of the health issues, I wanted to vent directly out the window. I think you way will work for me and this weekend, I'll hit HD and buy the flexible dryer vent hose.

See how it goes

• Like 2

I used a 1’ tall piece of 3/4” ply with a dryer vent mounted in it.  Also mounted lip on the outside so I can close the window down on it and it won’t fall back into the room.  When the lake winds pick up I do have to pull it out since I didn’t make the lip tall enough. It has blown out of the window on me once. (Back into the house). 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

Not quite sure. Is it the existing rivets are raised and the ones you just did are punched?

No, Peter.  All are recessed.  Just a hole size difference.  Unfortunately, rivet wheels aren't the best tool in the world to replicate rivets.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

Just hard to see, but I now understand

Hard to see indeed.  Even with my glasses on, many of the rivet holes are so tiny.  But to risk going over them again is an invitation to disaster.

• Like 3