The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Anyone know what colours these are?

These colors are in the range from sand to earth, but I guess, with not that many living witnesses, you can go freestyle. I used some gloss black for the pupil, silver for the eyeball and a translucent green ink for the borders with my giant squid, pulling down my Nautilus submarine

P1150505.thumb.JPG.44b0e70891c165aefa79fc0810a7aae4.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

These colors are in the range from sand to earth, but I guess, with not that many living witnesses, you can go freestyle. I used some gloss black for the pupil, silver for the eyeball and a translucent green ink for the borders with my giant squid, pulling down my Nautilus submarine

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

New airbrush ....Harder & Steenback Infinity CR plus 0.15 / 0.4 needles .Treated myself....the finish is gorgeous .

I keep coveting the same set, be interested in your opinion. I have their Ultra but want to step up…….also how many airbrush’s do you need?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

I keep coveting the same set, be interested in your opinion. I have their Ultra but want to step up…….also how many airbrush’s do you need?

Been using it today ,level of control at low flow and low air is outstanding , but that is comparing it to lessor airbrushes like an IWATA Neo / Gaahleri 39 , which are half the price . I'm loving the atomisation , having done nothing different with the usual Tamiya paint. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Been using it today ,level of control at low flow and low air is outstanding , but that is comparing it to lessor airbrushes like an IWATA Neo / Gaahleri 39 , which are half the price . I'm loving the atomisation , having done nothing different with the usual Tamiya paint. 

I use the H&S Infinity since years and have nothing to complain. They are great and reliable tools and I won´t lookback to cheaper models, except sometimes, I use my Rotring´s for sentimental reason.
Half a year ago, I bought the Giraldez edition of the H&S Infinity, which is more than a slight upgrade. The trigger has moved forward and is much finer in movement, my only down fact with the standard infinity. The needle mount has been also reworked and you can insert the needle from the backside, without risking to bruise the tip. The quality of the needle and nozzle has also improved along with a better clarity of indication for the nozzle/needle/cap size.
The design of the Giraldez´s trigger will not be to everybody´s taste, as it is better incorporated with the finger tip, than the finger print area.

Here is the comparison. I will do a further test evaluation, when I find the time and have tested the new kid under all circumstances:

P1000761.thumb.JPG.85d590179c8737122be11f20f9b133e2.JPG 

This is the new needle/nozzle/cap marking with clearly visible engraved lines, better than the confusing markings on my standard Infinity

P1000762.thumb.JPG.e65acd0a9c4e55932178428e794be2f4.JPG

The needle adjuster above old and the much smoother working Giraldez set below.

P1000763.thumb.JPG.b04e5408db6b38a0c6d7f8ee1914e099.JPG

Hard to see, but no hard edges endanger the tip of the needle, when mounted from the backside (new one right)

P1000765.thumb.JPG.debb1444734b30d2776a354e2bea8165.JPG

And finally, the guiding tips of the Giraldez model, not tested yet, but should come handy with freehand camos or figure painting.

P1000766.thumb.JPG.353d58fdf0483a589169352083c64b3b.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

That’s exactly what I am missing with the Ultra. It’s a great airbrush but would love a little more control……..thanks PW ……

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

I use the H&S Infinity since years and have nothing to complain. They are great and reliable tools and I won´t lookback to cheaper models, except sometimes, I use my Rotring´s for sentimental reason.
Half a year ago, I bought the Giraldez edition of the H&S Infinity, which is more than a slight upgrade. The trigger has moved forward and is much finer in movement, my only down fact with the standard infinity. The needle mount has been also reworked and you can insert the needle from the backside, without risking to bruise the tip. The quality of the needle and nozzle has also improved along with a better clarity of indication for the nozzle/needle/cap size.
The design of the Giraldez´s trigger will not be to everybody´s taste, as it is better incorporated with the finger tip, than the finger print area.

Here is the comparison. I will do a further test evaluation, when I find the time and have tested the new kid under all circumstances:

This is the new needle/nozzle/cap marking with clearly visible engraved lines, better than the confusing markings on my standard Infinity

Hard to see, but no hard edges endanger the tip of the needle, when mounted from the backside (new one right)

And finally, the guiding tips of the Giraldez model, not tested yet, but should come handy with freehand camos or figure painting.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, even more to think about now………

Just need to look at the financial situation, really really want though…..

Happy New Year and for a healthy and prosperous 2024 to everyone….

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 10:27 AM, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

Rob

Appreciate the comparison between the two H&S models. I've been a long time user of two H&S Infinity CR Plus air brushes, keeping one with a .2 tip and the other with a .4 tip. The .2 tip AB is my workhorse and I do find these days when I need a wider spray pattern, I've been using my Iwata Eclipse HP-CS more and more.  

• Like 3

Pfalz is complete , glamour pix tomorrow ...... However I am now going full Boot !!

36 inches of Revell goodness....Mrs Womble liked the sea scene I made with the 144 version a few years ago , so she advised going with another full sea scape rather than on stand or blocks, always handy to have a sounding board. 

Saddle your tanks up , this will be a big build. Not sure how much "other stuff" I will use , the Eduard extra look nice but will add 50% to the cost .

Up periscope number one , and yes I'll be watching the film for a lot of it . 

image.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

U Boat was a fun build. You can see mine peaking from behind other builds on the top shelf. 
yU13nm.jpg

I’ve got the Gato is the stash as well.  But man, that thing is huge! 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Up periscope number one , and yes I'll be watching the film for a lot of it . 

Das Boot!! Well this kid just got done working about three hours so far on a 5" turret adding handrails to the side,pole support underneath deck,used Tamy tape for the shield around the Flakvierling,added some .040" poles to represent 2cm,modified the the flak for that position and tomorrow I make two ladders.The book Guy shows it all.;)

• Like 7

13 hours ago, KevinM said:

Das Boot!! Well this kid just got done working about three hours so far on a 5" turret adding handrails to the side,pole support underneath deck,used Tamy tape for the shield around the Flakvierling,added some .040" poles to represent 2cm,modified the the flak for that position and tomorrow I make two ladders.The book Guy shows it all.;)

That book (er all three of them now ) is a complete rabbit hole. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Airbrushed a few more fiddly parts for the Phantom.  
I’m learning that the Tamiya TS lacquer spray cans decanted and airbrushed reacts differently than my MRP or Mr. Color paints.  Then again, I might need to add a little Leveling thinner to it.  Hard to describe the difference.  

IMG_1251.thumb.jpeg.18b484537df13b08af6dde890716be02.jpeg

• Like 8

20 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

U Boat was a fun build. You can see mine peaking from behind other builds on the top shelf. 
yU13nm.jpg

I’ve got the Gato is the stash as well.  But man, that thing is huge! 

Okay, explain how that Richthofen egg plane manages to stand like that?!? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So this is what I was talking about the second turret not taking as much time.I did try to make four sets of ladders today no luck so ordered some generic 1/200 from Poland shipping and all $20 also ordered the replacement for the Flakvierling the correct version.I am really trying to get as close as I can in representation.

scharnhorst 002.JPG

scharnhorst 003.JPG

• Like 8