The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Working on the P-40’s again, I have learned one thing, if you decide to build 8 models at once, please for the love of god...don’t try it with the Hasegawa kits! 

Actually, one of them was a trumpeter. But, when I decided to dust off the shelf of doom, I took the 5 that were the furthest along and work on them. I did have a commission job that got postponed due to the shutdowns, so the two helos will now be completed in October. So, back to work on the P-40’s. My biggest hindrance, I only have a couple colors for the batch of 5 planes, all I have is Gray 41 and White, so I had to do two orders for paint. By the weekend, I should have all the paint I need for now. Once I am done with these, I’ll do the other three. And after I’m done with those, I will be doing a P-40C AVG. 

These is the flock, getting final details, canopy masks, and sitting on temporary sprue legs. Another one is off to the left.

9921A596-A9E7-42E4-BB3F-5EBB4EEA36FC.jpeg

(Edit: this is actually a week ago, I am actually farther along than this picture shows)

• Like 8

19 hours ago, TJTX said:

Its amazing how fast you can build when you aren't allowed to leave the house. 

I know, my usual commute plus work is 14 hours, so no modelling in the week, now do my 8 hours and trundle over to the bench for 2 hours a day........if it was under different circumstances I’d say result........stay safe guys.....

• Like 6

I put my Frank away while I practice attaching aerials. So in between doing that I am going to build armour. I ordered templates for armour which should arrive this coming week. In between that I am doing a fast build on a 1/48 jet. This is from the second day.

2h9aGg.jpg

Following the Tony cleaning my bench was the biggest work. So much pastel chalk!

On 3/10/2020 at 10:13 AM, GazzaS said:

I just finished this 1/35 Sturer Emil:

HduINV.jpg

g1krCl.jpg

I think I need to stand farther back with the camera as the periphery seems to be blurry...

Nh5ikn.jpg

Great workGaz. :thumbsup2:

• Like 5

So now being the proud owner of a H&S Ultra, can now get back to finishing the Tempest. Sprayed the walkways and then forgot the flash by the tail. 
C25B2583-5DDB-448C-BBBA-1BDD12D158A7.thumb.jpeg.4b6ae618d781affa69c37d2d6f7a7656.jpeg

post script ...... love the H&S but in removing the tape nicked the tail flash and ripped a hole in it.......:wallbash:  .......if I patched it with a cutout from a red roundel, would it look like battle damage ......straws and grasping???????

• Like 7