The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

6 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

It looks like a diagram of football play just to get to Carl’s bench..   hahahahaha. 

22 Power Dive on the second 'hut', or………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..Hail Mary :D

Cheers Rob 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

It looks like a diagram of football play just to get to Carl’s bench..   hahahahaha. 

Here's how it looks as of this morning:

IMG_20200411_101904.thumb.jpg.6ad265750e769f6542f94c5cbfa82e6f.jpg

Barren and kind of desolate, isn't it? 

He's out of frame but Edward is working away on the other half of the bench trying to make a diorama. I've never used acrylic water goo so this could get interesting.

• Like 7

So, lovely sunny day in good old Blighty, the Corsair is lined up for the spray booth, the Camel is awaiting rigging material to arrive, what better than glueing bits and pieces together outside...............

and it’s a JET, my first for 45 years............

6FB4B6E7-C4BE-45BD-B9B6-945872EECC25.thumb.jpeg.712ae4492287dfbff3dfa80f9fad53db.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Here's how it looks as of this morning:

IMG_20200411_101904.thumb.jpg.6ad265750e769f6542f94c5cbfa82e6f.jpg

Barren and kind of desolate, isn't it? 

He's out of frame but Edward is working away on the other half of the bench trying to make a diorama. I've never used acrylic water goo so this could get interesting.

Carl, you look well prepared for a marathon build............ lots of bench space, lots of model supplies, peanut butter, peaches, pears and Bicks Pickles......you're good to go buddy !:rofl:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Carl, you look well prepared for a marathon build............ lots of bench space, lots of model supplies, peanut butter, peaches, pears and Bicks Pickles......you're good to go buddy !:rofl:

It's not in view but the litter box is just over from my bench. :D

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

So, lovely sunny day in good old Blighty, the Corsair is lined up for the spray booth, the Camel is awaiting rigging material to arrive, what better than glueing bits and pieces together outside...............

6FB4B6E7-C4BE-45BD-B9B6-945872EECC25.thumb.jpeg.712ae4492287dfbff3dfa80f9fad53db.jpeg

Interesting, I was contemplating jets as well. And 1/48 scale is ideal, not too small/not too big. Pease post your build here Phil.

Cheers

M.

• Like 4

I decided with the Spitfire just about done, I'd throw the leftover bits into my spares box. At that point I decided to sort the sprues out a bit. Seems I have a lot of Spitfire sprues:

IMG_20200411_234411.thumb.jpg.8394ac0343ece288d3597633b09a40ce.jpg

I think I have enough 250lb bombs there to arm a Lancaster. And arm it with 20mm cannon too.

But oddly, almost no underwing bomb racks.

• Like 7

On 4/11/2020 at 9:46 AM, Bomber_County said:

Ohhh...you are a daring man. I see so many spaces for small parts to go and never to be seen again.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

:D I got away with it............in the UK you can probably count the number of hot sunny days on both hands, so they’ll not be a lot of alfresco modelling ...........

Alfresco Modelling...

Sounds like a Blog opportunity Phil!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Nice Gaz, but the oriention of the front wheels isn't final?

Cheers Rob

Nossir...  not final.   Small base and figures planned. But alas my figures are trapped in Korea.  So I'm converting some Miniart figures into modern Germans.  My first black beret was made with melted sprue.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Wumm said:

Alfresco Modelling...

Sounds like a Blog opportunity Phil!

Could be something there........

7 hours ago, Jeff said:

sounds like dinner outside to me....  you cookin Phil??  Medium rare please .....

You guys crack me up........

BTW it’s 7 degrees / 45 today, so nothing outside today........

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Could be something there........

You guys crack me up........

BTW it’s 7 degrees / 45 today, so nothing outside today........

7 degrees is rather balmy, I wouldn't even wear a jacket at 7, it's -2 right now, here in southern BC ...............  THIS guy could be a Canadian...... I have done this and seen it done.......  :rofl:

bbq-pit-boys-anniversary-blizzar-1280x640.jpg

• Like 4