The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Tamiya F-16C Block 50 Hellenic AF

Here are some pictures of my recently finished F-16.

It has some aftermarket sets - Aires resin nozzle, cockpit and wheel bays. The paratail is not included in Tamiya kit and is taken from Academy F-16 Sufa kit.

_MG_7769.jpg

_MG_7770.jpg

_MG_7773.jpg

_MG_7778.jpg

_MG_7780.jpg

_MG_7781.jpg

_MG_7782.jpg

_MG_7784.jpg

_MG_7785.jpg

_MG_7786.jpg

_MG_7789.jpg

_MG_7790.jpg

_MG_7792.jpg

_MG_7793.jpg

_MG_7794.jpg

_MG_7795.jpg

_MG_7796.jpg

_MG_7798.jpg

_MG_7800.jpg

_MG_7801.jpg

_MG_7802.jpg

_MG_7814.jpg

_MG_7815.jpg

_MG_7821.jpg

_MG_7825.jpg

_MG_7828.jpg

_MG_7830.jpg

_MG_7832.jpg

_MG_7833.jpg

_MG_7834.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TJTX said:

I love it.  I've always wanted to build a Greek bird to dirty it up and yours is another stunning example of how well that can be done.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Love the dirty Greek birds.

• Like 5

• Administrators

I actually love this!  Except for some of the curvaceous MiG and Sukhoi fighters, I’ve never been a modern grey jet lover whatsoever.

But I’ve now changed my mind.  This Hellenic F-16 just looks the part. F-16s are pretty much ubiquitous, but just realistically  add the dirt on the airframe and you have a winner.  It’s so very easy to overdo this type of weathering, but you pulled it off in spades!  Nice!

• Like 4

Excellent work, love the weathered appearance.  One thing - did you miss the back ends of the Aim-9's?  I think there is a small circular piece that's attached to the rear.  I can't tell for sure about the one on the right side but I think it is missing on the left side one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Excellent work, love the weathered appearance.  One thing - did you miss the back ends of the Aim-9's?  I think there is a small circular piece that's attached to the rear.  I can't tell for sure about the one on the right side but I think it is missing on the left side one.

You are right. There should be a circular piece on the back of the sidewinder missile (i think it's the exhaust cover), but it is not included in tamiya kit. I consider making this piece from scratch or using spare photoetched part, but right now i cannot find the matching piece. 
The good thing is that all the weapons in this very well engineered Tamiya kit are removable, so this can be easily done.

f-16_undertheskin2018_029.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, masklin said:

You are right. There should be a circular piece on the back of the sidewinder missile (i think it's the exhaust cover), but it is not included in tamiya kit. I consider making this piece from scratch or using spare photoetched part, but right now i cannot find the matching piece. 
The good thing is that all the weapons in this very well engineered Tamiya kit are removable, so this can be easily done.

The rear missile part is on the weapons sprue, part number V-8 if that helps. 

• Like 3