Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

I am replacing furniture, with tool boxes.

Being very impressed lately with my tool boxes for modelling, I am  chucking everything and replacing the lot with wheeled tool boxes.

I reckon my undies will me much safer. Tool boxes come with keys. :thumbsup2:

I don't have a woman around saying "Eeeew, those things don't match the curtains!"

Tool boxes are not only a guard against thieves, they are simply practicable. Screw the curtains. I mean what man thinks about curtains? Do they block the sun? Yes! What else do I need? I know what the sun looks like. It's really bright!

Not only tool boxes. I am gonna get a label maker. I can envisage labels on all my drawers. No longer will I say "Where did I put the...."

Powder coating! 

Powder coating is a reason in itself. It's obvious really. 

I am humbled to think modelling was the cause of my brain storm.

Tool boxes. They come on wheels now. :thumbsup2:

• Like 3

Indeed!

Oh I forgot something.

If I move house everything is already packed and on wheels.

I must say I am most relieved. Recently I had wondered if I was simply an idiot. However, now on the strength of my fine and fashionable idea, I can relax and worry less. I must be smart. :thumbsup2:

Seriously, I will never have to pack again.

• Like 4

Well, not much goes on around these here parts, so I am gonna talk. Talk like King Crimson, to the wind!

Right, my immediate plans.

My family chucked out all my minimalist stuff while I was "INSIDE!!!!"

Seriously, I came home to a cupboard???? And plates, knives and forks, you wouldn't believe it. Chopsticks!!!

So, I chucked it all and have returned to normalcy. I now have 1 cup, 1 spoon, a knife! And a fork. Just as nature meant it to be.

I also chucked the table and my table is as it used to be, a snare drum with a practice pad on it. My chair, a drum throne.

Hmmmm, drum throne.

I have but on table that is actually useful, and it is for modelling. 

I even chucked my pc. Now I have a tablet. Yes that's right, a tablet. Tablets are light. If one wants, one can take a tablet in the toilet. Which by and large is not as disgusting as it sounds.

Though between you and me, I wouldn't say that to a woman on a first date. Perhaps the third.....

Where was I? Oh yes, minimalist living.

So, I sold most of my drums. Who the bloody hell needs 83 snare drums??? They have now been replaced with models. Lots of models. Models everywhere. In the kitchen, by the bed, on the bed, in the wall closet. Everywhere! Just as nature intended.

Nobody wants to come over because there is nowhere to sit. Just the throne. If some foolish person wants to visit they can sit on the floor. 

But why have you done this nobody asks! 

Because it is easy. Think of it.

"The sink is full of dirty dishes!!!"

Yeah, one cup and a spoon.

I pity those with 2 or more cups.

And so it came to pass. No visitors, no distractions.

Just as nature intended. 

I hope my wisdom may offer a clearer path to those currently hindered by 2 or more plates. 

:thumbsup2:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Oh yeah? Bill Bruford helped me with the direction of a particularly fine student. He's a nice bloke. :thumbsup2:

I love everything produced before the 80's.  After that it's hit or miss.  Three of a Perfect Pair is an awesome bit of music.  Even my daughter likes it.  The wife...   not so much.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Great band. Fripp tried to sue a friend of mine. Interesting character. :blink:

Have certainly seen a few 'interesting' interviews with him. Not sure his head is a space I'd want to visit!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GusMac said:

Have certainly seen a few 'interesting' interviews with him. Not sure his head is a space I'd want to visit!

I think artistic and creative and visionary people have different working brains than the rest of us.   Just a theory of mine...  no hard evidence or anything.  I know they say Einstein's physical brain was said to be no different than a normal brain...  but there is still more to the brain than science has grasped.

• Like 1

I can answer one question regarding Fripp. 

Back in the 70's King Crimsons management managed to have the members believe they made ZERO money touring. Touring was only to support record sales. So the band was ripped off big time. When Fripp learned of this he became obsessive about money earned. My friend has a radio program that featured KC. Fripp's manager then tried to sue my friend because people may record the music.

It always comes down to $$$.

I tell students the 2 most important questions are "How much does it pay?" & "where's the gig?"

• Like 3

• Administrators

Oooh tools in the house!   YESS!!!

Last week I was caught red handed building an old Carter WCFB on the kitchen table.  Wife walked it two hours into a supposed day long trip, claiming she felt crappy. Her juices started flowing right there and then, I’ll admit.   I have a big flat board with Emory cloth attached to it that I use for planing the mating surfaces on the old castings, and she caught me right at the worst time.  It’d have been less severe if I had been caught airbrushing there  

• Like 4

I guess I married a non-traditional woman as I could build just about anywhere in the house and she wouldn't care. She doesn't even bat an eye when she sees my stash (or she won't dare because of all her hats and shoes).

However, I have her and two kids so I can't go all minimalist with the dining ware; I wish I could at least manage it with the glasses as my wife has a soft spot for cute juice cups and wine glasses. We only need four; one for each of us.

• Like 3