The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

2020 Nats, San Marcos, Texas

smitty44

16 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Buses, private company not mass transit.

Greyhound Canada started about 1/2 mile from my house, and they, as you may know, shut it down, up here,  NOT one Greyhound bus left in Canada............ sure screwed a lot of small communities up here, but hey who cares, as long as they make their millions, does it matter about the folks who paid to make the company successful and depended on their service?? I guess not.... today, here in Canada a Greyhound Bus is a 'collector's item'.............

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 12/31/2019 at 2:21 PM, Bomber_County said:

My company has an office in Dallas, wonder (if I still have a job) swing a visit to the office, around Nats time. How far between Dallas and the Nats?

Phil, get on out here. We’ll make you feel at home

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, recon said:

When did you guys want to do our dinner, Friday or Saturday night?

One more thing, do you want to do our meet and greet again this year?

Mike

Well until I see what's up with the banquet this year I am not quite sure. In Phoenix we didn't eat but still hung out and paid attention to what was going on with the awards. I guess just going with Friday would be the safe bet. As far as a meet and greet...… I see that there are not a ton of people from here or other sites going(of course the quality of the gang is what makes it special), so can we make a meet and greet generic? No LSM or LSP or whatever, so we can all just hang out? There are people I would hope to see that don't do LSM much or at all that I would love to see.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2020 at 11:03 AM, smitty44 said:

Well until I see what's up with the banquet this year I am not quite sure. In Phoenix we didn't eat but still hung out and paid attention to what was going on with the awards. I guess just going with Friday would be the safe bet. As far as a meet and greet...… I see that there are not a ton of people from here or other sites going(of course the quality of the gang is what makes it special), so can we make a meet and greet generic? No LSM or LSP or whatever, so we can all just hang out? There are people I would hope to see that don't do LSM much or at all that I would love to see.

That's a great idea, John. You could just call it the Large Scale Meet & Greet and everyone is welcome. Wish I were coming...:wacko:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, biggtim said:

That's a great idea, John. You could just call it the Large Scale Meet & Greet and everyone is welcome. Wish I were coming...:wacko:

We wish you were coming as well!! Vegas is going to be insane though!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Austin indeed cancelled South by Southwest which is a huge music festival that was coming up shortly.(I think all the participants pulled out first) I would have to say August is a long ways out still, and for most events I would think that means wait as long as we can before we make any calls. Most of the State of Emergencies are pre-emptive in nature for the most part. I am though, holding off on buying plane tickets.

• Like 5

• Administrators

South by Southwest is a HUGE deal, and it’s cancellation is unprecedented. Vendors and performers cancelled and the  organizers had no choice.  It’s not only a music festival, but also an ad how technology trade show as well, with all the latest software and gadgets showing up. Many. Newcomers with a great idea go there hoping to be noticed.   It’s never been my scene, too wild and crazy for me, (I’m a pretty traditional old time Texas type, not one of the new breed), but it’s a massive boost to Austin’s economy.  

Just remember y’all, Texas in August is HOT. And often very humid. A Phoenix of Vegas heat is doable, but South Texas in the summer? Drink lots of water, wear a hat, and have changes of clothes because you’ll gush sweat like Old Faithful. 

I’m planning on being there, Maru is coming, and unless things go really pear shaped, one feels that this virus scare will be over by then.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

How hot does Texas get?

Have you heard of Hades? About 10 degrees cooler......................

Seriously though, Mid to high 90s pretty much guaranteed. Might get lucky and witness triple digits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1