Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Your favorite Messerschmitt 109 Mk?

I know this will sound heretic to many ... but this is about as far as I will go in my interest for the 109 ...

(photograph published in The Mirror, showing the remnants of a wreck found in Denmark, reproduced under Fair Use conditions)

Hubert

The-debris-from-the-wreck-of-a-World-War.jpg.00d0698b1e26a97cedbb64e4323bcf65.jpg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Hubert! :huh:

For mine it is the F; perhaps the most graceful, then the K as a representation of taking a concept beyond its logical end. 

S

In fairness, although it does not do anything for me, I reckon the 109 is a remarkable design : put a big engine in the nimblest possible airframe, and keep up-to-date with engine developments and combat experience. If I had to choose, I’d agree with you on the « F ». (And when Tamiya release a G-6 in 1/32, as I forecasted on LSP some 6 years ago, I can very well imagine the riots in the model shops and on-line retailers ;) )

Hubert

• Like 4

I like the G6 the best.  Unlike the sleekest variants, it has a few lumps and bumps to draw the eye.

800x_Me109_G6.jpg

And so many schemes available!  I have 2 LS G6's and a few more 1/48 scale G6's waiting to be built.

Gaz

• Like 3

18 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I like the G6 the best.  Unlike the sleekest variants, it has a few lumps and bumps to draw the eye.

And so many schemes available!  I have 2 LS G6's and a few more 1/48 scale G6's waiting to be built.

Gaz

Indeed. 

I have many Bf & Me 109's. Pretty funny.

Eduard:  3 E models.

Cyber Hobby E 3 + E 4.

Trumpeter E 7.

Hasegawa 2 x F, 4 x G. 1 x K.

Revel 2 x G.

15 total and possibly others I forgot. :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Definitely the Friedrich. 

Sleek, smooth, nimble, and fast.  

It was light on firepower, but as a guy who would have been fighting against the 109s, I find that to be an advantage :)

I'll give a shout out to the E.1 as well.   That ship was exactly as Willi Messerschmitt envisioned his masterpiece to be.

Hubert's version looks good, too. Classy in a Modern Art way. That being said, the 109 is documented as being a tough bird, so I expect those little scratches will buff right out.

• Like 2