The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Very late group build entry, Marder III.

Since I finished my Mustang, I decided to throw one more build at this group build. This is a Tamiya Marder III, Normandy. I got most of the hull done that first night, in all it took me about 14 hours to get through paint. This is a really simple kit to build, the only thing that took a little long we’re the dozen or so ejector marks I need to sand out of the interior, which is exposed in this kit.

DBF345AC-3965-453D-9492-7B047371A8CF.jpeg

9108A63B-562E-4F0C-B47C-31490C054938.jpeg

71223675-14FC-44D2-9220-CCCDEB471FD9.jpeg

AABA5757-9843-43AC-9262-7D45A16A6441.jpeg

32EA0DA1-037B-4A1E-8BF2-13004F59A477.jpeg

05F7626C-ED0D-434D-BCF4-5840132D8E0B.jpeg

28BCA53C-6DB4-40F3-9C92-D427BEB78E29.jpeg

229FB8B2-1256-4313-96AC-BFD831ECFB47.jpeg

CE1D916E-A28B-4AD8-A887-B0C9EB0C8F90.jpeg

• Like 11

You are a machine, I think you could have made the deadline, even when you stated in February :D. In fourteen hours I manage to go through the sprues after opening the box :secret:.

Will there be a dio, because I saw the Zündapp bike on your bench?

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

You are a machine, I think you could have made the deadline, even when you stated in February :D. In fourteen hours I manage to go through the sprues after opening the box :secret:.

Will there be a dio, because I saw the Zündapp bike on your bench?

Cheers Rob

Yes, but separate, my Tiger I, Sd.kfz.222, and the bike in a dio.

AF252FB3-AF7F-485B-908D-4BF94BF79972.jpeg

217505F3-FEAF-4485-BF09-53592ABCA435.jpeg

• Like 4

I have but only one question............ excellent modeling talents aside..... ( which they are , that paint is awesome ) BUT I see ONLY one small glass of Whiskey on the model bench..... no beers, no other shot ?? Snacks?? Actual building going on? ........:stirthepot:........ I bet it deteriorated to some whiskeys and beers and some good chat ( solid BS 'war ' stories) eh? :rolleyes:  Seriously gob smacked by your painting skills................. beautiful work....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

I have but only one question............ excellent modeling talents aside..... ( which they are , that paint is awesome ) BUT I see ONLY one small glass of Whiskey on the model bench..... no beers, no other shot ?? Snacks?? Actual building going on? ........:stirthepot:........ I bet it deteriorated to some whiskeys and beers and some good chat ( solid BS 'war ' stories) eh? :rolleyes:  Seriously gob smacked by your painting skills................. beautiful work....

No whiskey, I don’t drink and model. I keep Iso Alcohol on the bench, the good stuff stays downstairs. Come to think of it, we don’t keep whiskey in the house, only Rum, Silver Tequila, Moonshine (love apple or cherry), and A few varieties of Vodka. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

What are your buddies building? Always modelled alone, not sure if I could concentrate......

I think there was a Revell Ar-196, a Wingnut, and a Tamiya tank or two. We do these get together at least every couple of months, then we have an Monday night show-n-share first Monday of every month.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

3rd pic down, the guy standing on the left side looks absolutely real, he has expression on his face and your painting of him is exquisite !!!!! Awesome job on the model, all crew figures are great , but that guy stands out..... love what you did ! Take a bow !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

3rd pic down, the guy standing on the left side looks absolutely real, he has expression on his face and your painting of him is exquisite !!!!! Awesome job on the model, all crew figures are great , but that guy stands out..... love what you did ! Take a bow !!

Thanks, but it’s funny you say that about the figures. I have accepted my inability to paint a face, so I went extremely simple, I painted the flesh one color, used a brown wash, then used Tamiya’s weathering pastels as highlights. I didn’t even paint the eyes. I have to give credit to the new sculpt figures in the kit.

• Like 3