Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Talking big..

IainMackayDall

Hi, i'm assuming that there are no production versions of a 1/32 Hercules?
I did find some custom builds online like these http://uncleles.net/2018/05/08/1-32-raaf-c-130h-hercules-maybe-a-redux-is-due/
Also, Lockheed seems to be sprouting a range of uses, other than just palette haulers ie: http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/naval-exhibitions/dsei-2015-naval-show-daily-news/3113-lockheed-sees-its-sc-130j-sea-herc-as-the-affordable-solution-to-answer-uk-future-mpa-needs.html
A C-130 gunship would be great to build, or even a palette hauler, modellers could combine armour with aircraft quite justifiably here.

On modelling big, even a 1/72 C-4 Galaxy or C-17 would fill a shelf, and I have yet to see any accessory models like an Oshkosh 40K Air Cargo Loader
However, I did find a 1/9 scale C-17 (R/C) http://www.gsal.org/Photos/c17/c17.htm that would require a double garage to house

AA9001_C-5B_real-3.gif

oshkosh-40k-loader-3d-max_Z.jpg

Edited by IainMackayDall
spelling mistake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:00 PM, smitty44 said:

I'd buy a 32nd C-130 in a heartbeat. The most successful, versatile aircraft in history.

Smitty, that makes at least two of us! I would build an AC-130E with the 105mm in the original gunship gray stationed at Ubon RTAFB, I twisted wrenches on them.

Barry

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Barry said:

Smitty, that makes at least two of us! I would build an AC-130E with the 105mm in the original gunship gray stationed at Ubon RTAFB, I twisted wrenches on them.

Barry

A gunship for sure, but the original Marine Corps white over gray or KC 130 from VMGR 352 with that all black tail....yum!

• Like 3

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Inches????

Hang on, I need to convert it to centimeters. (Inches??????? Where's Fred Flinstone??) :lol:

Wingspan 93.98.

Length 104.14.

Okay, now I know.

Inches? LMFAO :lol::D;)

:ph34r:

Thanks for the conversion.... 

Well, its "smaller" that I thought! The HpH Me-323 is bigger! :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RIP to a C-130 crew here in Australia, these experienced volunteers, flying a Coulson C-130 water fire bomber during our unprecedented conditions, would have had to battle severe flying conditions, flying so low over such targets this season is bravery in itself. All of Australia has realised this tragic crew loss. Today, we still have US and Canadian volunteers firefighters arriving here to battle our conditions. I do so hope we can return the same when needed.

The NSW RFS mourns the loss of the three crewmembers, killed in yesterday's Large Air Tanker crash. Our thoughts are with their families, fellow crewmembers and the broader emergency services family that knew and worked with them

EPAqMVgU4AE3Iwb?format=jpg&name=4096x409
EPAqMVjU8AAhEIm?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 5

Very sad and condolences to all. Tragic to lose their lives helping others so far from home.

As Jeff says, something must have gone seriously wrong. C-130s are generally pretty much bombproof in terms of reliability.

• Like 3