The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

JohnB, looks like you have another F4U-1D to build...

1to1scale

12 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Guess what John, time to build another! 

BFFF49F3-7968-491E-AA8F-8252CB11A783.jpeg

26 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

Oops, there was talk about 1/32 a few months ago.

Since the big blowup and exodus from "The other site" I no longer buy anything from that decal maker. B)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Wow, that would be cool John, the same reason I bought the ZM boxing of the Mustang K with English markings and also wanted to do a ZM kit :book:

I have been trying to make up my mind on exactly WHICH -1 to build. Initially I thought I'd do "De Fabe" but I have several that are in very similar schemes. I MAY stick with that one but I AM considering one of the RN birds instead. We will see. ;)

As a aside, I feel like Tamiya will release a RN -1D or -1A at some point. The kit has the mid-fuselage vents that were, as far as I know, only on RN a/c. All they would have to do I think is add new wing tips and decals.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, JohnB said:

As a aside, I feel like Tamiya will release a RN -1D or -1A at some point. The kit has the mid-fuselage vents that were, as far as I know, only on RN a/c. All they would have to do I think is add new wing tips and decals.

I believe that RN seatbelts are on the PE fret too. 

Considering Robert Hampton Gray is the only Allied soldier honoured with a monument placed by the Japanese and that he flew a Corsair, that would be great if they did. 

Carl

• Like 5

17 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I believe that RN seatbelts are on the PE fret too. 

Considering Robert Hampton Gray is the only Allied soldier honoured with a monument placed by the Japanese and that he flew a Corsair, that would be great if they did. 

Carl

Yeah that would be cool, he grew up here in Nelson, my mom and dad knew his parents very well..... all sorts of stuff named after him here, not to get too far off topic, but his brother was the first nelson boy killed in the war, and he was the last......

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...