The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

A new project is on the table... A VENOMOUS VIPER...Finished!

I ran into the first problem I had with this kit, my top canopy panel had a small bow in it near where it glues to the fuselage. Not serious, but I had to glue the canopy together with extra thin so it would bend back. I had planned to paint it off the Model, but fortunately it worked and we are back to prepping for more paint. I always get nervous using glue on canopies, but  what else are you going to do? Overall, this has been a great kit.

310EDB10-C468-44C5-A33A-E6626FD4B194.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I always get nervous using glue on canopies, but  what else are you going to do?

Nice save, do you Future the canopy parts before? I do it almost always and had no probs with fogging, no matter what glue I used.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

Once I switched from Solvaset to Mr Softer, they started working way better. I managed to finish every decal, now it’s down to last minute checks for any silvering, then another coat of gloss before a wash, then I will be limited to oils and pigment for final weathering, the rivets are simply too sharp and snag paper, cloth, and cotton buds, so I have to be selective on how to finish it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1