The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

preparing for bad weather!

JohnB

The forecasters are telling us that the hurricane in the Gulf will eventually have a near direct hit on my area Thursday (NW Louisiana). By then it should just be a tropical storm with 50-60 mph winds and lots of rain. NOT something I look forward to! But, as they say, use the 7 P's (proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance). So I have been recharging the starter battery on my generator and getting my gas cans refilled, etc. I sincerely hope I won't need it but if I do it'll be ready to go. B)

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Just watching that on the news... batten her down John.............. best wishes, and we will be watching .... stay safe my friend......

Thanks Jeff. If my power goes out I have enough generator power to run most things, some lights, fridge, TV and window a/c. It's just a pita to do all that and then have to undo it all afterwards. Still, I wouldn't be without a generator for all the Trumpeter kits in China! LOL

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Thanks Jeff. If my power goes out I have enough generator power to run most things, some lights, fridge, TV and window a/c. It's just a pita to do all that and then have to undo it all afterwards. Still, I wouldn't be without a generator for all the Trumpeter kits in China! LOL

I hear you on the generator thing, that's next on the list for us, want one that comes on automatically when the power goes out..... stay safe John..........

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Stay safe and dry John. No hurricanes up here thankfully.  The last one that did make it to Toronto was Hazel in the '50s and it caught everyone off guard. 

Carl

Thanks Carl! Fingers crossed!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

As they say, incoming.........we have had a few of the US leftover storms coming across on the jet stream, one just came through .......stay safe John.

I'm about as ready as I can be except I need to go to the store and get some more Friskies for my critters. LOL After that it'll just be a waiting and hoping game. :)

• Like 2

Keep us posted as best you can, John...... this is scary and it brings it close to home altho we are thousands of miles away, it makes it more personal, as we "know" you are there, not just some faceless people....... there is a personal connection ,  we will be watching

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Keep us posted as best you can, John...... this is scary and it brings it close to home altho we are thousands of miles away, it makes it more personal, as we "know" you are there, not just some faceless people....... there is a personal connection ,  we will be watching

Thanks Jeff. I'll let y'all know how things go.

• Like 2