Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Infinity SB2C at SB now

JohnB

I was previously considering getting this kit when SB received it but now I'm having second thoughts. The kit price is $129.00. Okay. But then they have a butt-load of detail sets that, if you order all of them considerably raise the price. My opinion is Infinity should have included at least SOME of those in the kit. It aggravates me to fork out nearly $130.00 for the friggin' kit and then have to order other "pieces" to build it like I want it. Just my own "gripe"!😠 (I know we very often buy a kit then decide to get some after-market stuff to add wanted detail, etc. It just seems Infinity has taken that a bit too far.)

I think I'll shop around and try to get a better price for the kit so as to make buying any of the "other" stuff less painful.:wacko:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I just pulled the lever on it, and on a few of the add-ons as well.    The wing fold option is a real bonus, IMHO.

It's interesting to read some of the preliminary reviews on this kit from some of the builders out there.  They are complaining about the same old short run beefs, ie: some vague fitment, clunky sprue gates, etc. 

Well, it's a short run kit, so whaddya expect?  I'll get mine hopefully in a few days, and compare it side by side with the HPH resin kit, of which this IM kit was developed from.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

I just pulled the lever on it, and on a few of the add-ons as well.    The wing fold option is a real bonus, IMHO.

It's interesting to read some of the preliminary reviews on this kit from some of the builders out there.  They are complaining about the same old short run beefs, ie: some vague fitment, clunky sprue gates, etc. 

Well, it's a short run kit, so whaddya expect?  I'll get mine hopefully in a few days, and compare it side by side with the HPH resin kit, of which this IM kit was developed from.

Let us know what you find out Ernie. :)

• Like 3

I did think about getting one but decided against it,  due in part to the "needed" extras.  Like others, I think they should of included at least one of the sets. Hope you guys tell us what you think. Looking forward to your likes and dislikes.....harv

• Like 4

Can't wait to hear your feedback on the kit Ernie and John. 

It's like buying a car and finding out the passenger side mirror is optional. Oh wait, that's what Honda did in the '80s. 

Maybe what Infinity could have done is offered two versions of the kit. One as a plain Jane basic kit, the other as a fully loaded special with the extra detail sets in it. Like Eduard does with their Weekend and Profi sets. 

Carl

• Like 5

Saw this on TOS last night.  I had to jump on it after cancelling it through Hannant's back in April.  I was about to move, didn't want to jinx the home purchase by using the address before it was mine, so I cancelled.  Also packing up 24 or 25 LARGE moving boxes from Lowe's full of kits from my stash had me rethinking if I should really buy it.  I guess I'm over that now..... I did put about two of those moving boxes aside marked "To sell" since I'll never get to those kits.

I just ordered the kit alone.  I'll probably order the aftermarket in a few weeks.

• Like 6

I'm still on the fence and in no rush to buy the kit. I did buy the HPH resin kit when it was first released when I was on the LSP forum and after the initial forum reviews and a few build threads, the consensus was the kit had a lot of short comings. I sold mine and never looked back. I going to hold tight until a few are underway on LSM and see how the kit builds.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 5

I just received my kit and after a cursory inspection I think it really looks good. Should build up to be a very nice model even without all the extra PE stuff. In my opinion the only PE that MIGHT be wanted for some folks is the wing fold set and the bomb bay set. I got the canopy mask set because I'm lazy and don't want to have to go to the effort to otherwise do the masking. I'm sure the after-market folks will have some nice PE cockpit placards and some decal sets too. :)

After a second perusal I think getting the PE flap set might be a good idea so you don't have to drill out all those little holes. :)  I just now ordered a set and used my "rewards" to save a few bucks on that $40.00 PE set.

• Like 2

I’m expecting quality and build-ability of a Fly Models Hurricane. Decent short run, with some tricky spots.  Also looking forward to see the difference between HpH resin and this new hybrid kit. 

• Like 3