The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Retirement may be closer than I thought......EVEN CLOSER NOW!!!

ScottsGT

I think my hardest part is going to keep telling my daughter "NO" to monday morning babysitting duty for our 9 mo grandson.  He's a cute little bugger, but getting up at 5:30 am and driving to their house and sitting all day is not my idea of a retirement.  I can't even bring him to our place  because there is no way to safely put a baby seat in a 2015 Mustang GT.  Summer is around the corner and the truck's AC doesn't work too.

• Sad 1

And just tonight she told me to see if I can move the date from May 1st to April 15th. :omg:

She works that weekend and wants to have a retirement party and if I bump it back two weeks, she’s off from work.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 2:17 PM, harv said:

Congratulations !!! Now you'll be bizzier than ever.....harv😁

Two weeks today. I’m ready to call them back and see if I can return just so I can get a break from all the work.  :omg:
Harv, you nailed it.  I’ve finally unpacked about 99% of the moving boxes of my hobby stuff from the move a year ago tomorrow.  I’m not unpacking the “shelf of doom” boxes thought.  Shoveled a yard of top soil around the yard yesterday and going for another truck load this afternoon.  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 2:17 PM, harv said:

Congratulations !!! Now you'll be bizzier than ever.....harv😁

Two weeks today. I’m ready to call them back and see if I can return just so I can get a break from all the work.  :omg:
Harv, you nailed it.  I’ve finally unpacked about 99% of the moving boxes of my hobby stuff from the move a year ago tomorrow.  I’m not unpacking the “shelf of doom” boxes thought.  Shoveled a yard of top soil around the yard yesterday and going for another truck load this afternoon.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Wish I was in your shoes Scott just turned 61 I want to keep working just in what I want to do wood work got two small paying gigs to get get done in the next 2/4 wks.;)

Where's Waldo/PeterPools? inquiring minds want to know?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KevinM said:

Wish I was in your shoes Scott just turned 61 I want to keep working just in what I want to do wood work got two small paying gigs to get get done in the next 2/4 wks.;)

Where's Waldo/PeterPools? inquiring minds want to know?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Just turned 62 here as well, been working from home since March 2020, as soon the company says I need to return it’s going to be adios suckers……..they are pushing three days a week now but dodged it so far…..

Honestly, this was one of my “The straw that broke the camels back” issues.   Being a (former) state employee, pay raises are a rare item and handed out to “buddies” and paperwork manipulated accordingly.  We were all working from home and given “busy work” that was a complete waste of time and managers were having online meetings to justify something, no one knew what.   
But a good bit of us all came back to work and then they offered for those that sit behind a pc all day to work from home 3 days a week.  Some even more.   The rest of us had to come in.  It really put a burr under a lot of saddles with these guys working from home not having to spend on gas money and some were no longer using daycare for their kids.  And to add insult to injury, they would try to schedule our work around them coming in on Monday or Friday or try to dump their responsibilities on someone there so they didn’t have to come in.   In a nutshell, they got a big pay increase while the rest of us got the same old thing.  Not to mention I was driving 90 miles a day round trip.  

• Sad 2