The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

OMG - What's Happening

Peterpools

You are right Peter, good times for modelling for sure. My question is, where is the next generation of young modellers ? Hopefully Harvey will surprise us with a wide selection of builds, at the junior level, in his Vegas topic :)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Peterpools said:

All of a sudden the world of modeling is surging:

Kotare

JetMad

Sprue Brothers

Am I dreaming or what?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

And you forget all the new products coming from Central and Eastern Europe …

Can you imagine Roden just announced the release of an icon among the icons, a Greyhound bus ?

Hubert

• Like 5

Unfortunately the world continues to change when it comes to hobbies and for younger people they first spent all their time on the PC playing games and now, if you can't play it or do it on your smart phone, they aren't interested. Plus add in social media and hobbies that require time working at a bench or table, learning new skills will be gone when we are.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of young men and women getting into model building, it is just not what you and I think of model building.

Gunpla  ( Gundam Plastic ) Warhammer, and similar are attracting many new modelers. Have a look around outside of your typical interest area and you might be surprised.

The hobby isn't dying or dead, it is just changing

cheers, Graham

• Like 4

On 8/21/2021 at 12:14 AM, HubertB said:

And you forget all the new products coming from Central and Eastern Europe …

Can you imagine Roden just announced the release of an icon among the icons, a Greyhound bus ?

Hubert

Yes! I saw that Roden bus I couldn't believe it. It could be an interesting build.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 8/21/2021 at 5:03 PM, Peterpools said:

Unfortunately the world continues to change when it comes to hobbies and for younger people they first spent all their time on the PC playing games and now, if you can't play it or do it on your smart phone, they aren't interested. Plus add in social media and hobbies that require time working at a bench or table, learning new skills will be gone when we are.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

You are absolutely correct. The new generation is very different from ours. They always use their smartphones and PCs but play physical games at a young age, such as cricket, football, and golf club clone, which are better for physical health as well as the brain.

• Like 2