The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

New Spitfire Mk. 1 on the way!

Clunkmeister

I'm happy to see more kits and another manufacturer on the market but it's not doing much for me I have to say. I'm more of a Griffon Spit man but you know lets hope it sells well and they push on with other new kits. You'd get my attention with a 1/32 Fairey Battle though.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Well, my vote is for a Hawker Henley. 😇  For some odd misguided reason, I really love that plane.

But you know if that was their initial release, they would be doomed to obscurity.

We all have a lesser well known plane or three we’d love to have kitted in styrene.  But I know that my long hoped—for Roland D. II would not be an intelligent choice for an initial release.  
Though I expected WNW to get to it eventually, I would never expect any new company to risk their launch on a subject which didn’t earn fame on the Western Front.  Though it did serve for some time on the Eastern Front.

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 9/15/2021 at 8:32 AM, BradG said:

I'm happy to see more kits and another manufacturer on the market but it's not doing much for me I have to say. I'm more of a Griffon Spit man but you know lets hope it sells well and they push on with other new kits. You'd get my attention with a 1/32 Fairey Battle though.

You and me both re the Fairey Battle.  My ex FIL learned the art of aerial gunnery from the backseat of one of those.

Despite me being a Yank, my secret obsession is FAA and RAF stuff. I’m a High Speed Silver fanatic.

• Like 2

First up ... I hope these guys are creating the real deal and not just trading off the names they made for themselves producing WNW merch'.

Second ... If they are - it should be an accurate Mk.Ia (THE Spitfire - to which all others are compared) ... and I hope they follow it up with an accurate Mk.Ib and a Mk.Vb ... I wonder if these guys managed to salvage that Lanc' that WNW was producing - it was a fair way along and it's a shame it hasn't seen the light of day.

A couple of other British early war icons would be handy too - if they're looking for subjects not covered ... A Fairey Battle, a B.P.D, a Blenheim and/or a Beaufort might be nice to get a hold of ... as well as the ever elusive Beaufighter in new tooling.

Rog :)

• Like 2