The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Baby Pants

krow113

4 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

Please, I ask all of my fellow LSM-ers to keep an open mind, a sense of humor, a fair amount of respect towards each other and a dose of flexibility.

'Respect' is the key word here...

Having a flexible and easy-going attitude on the Forum, doesn't exclude you from the consequences of your own actions.

Contributing more content than others doesn't give you more rights or allow you different behaviour than the rest of the Members.

Sometimes posts are removed, either by accident or by the Moderators. The way to address this is by PM through the back-channels, not on the Forum in a dedicated post full of abuse. We are all experienced enough now to know that every Forum operates in this manner.

I didn't see the relevant deleted post(s), but I don't consider any other of the OP's reactions in this thread to be out of character for this particular individual.

S

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

And I detest Jack Daniels.

It's what comes out the back of the horse after having a good 16 year old Glenfiddich go in the front of the horse.

With my father-in-law being Scottish, he'd appreciate that comment and toast you on it. 

• Like 5

• Administrators

When someone is openly attacked in a topic like this, using puerile and immature crap, the poster does not deserve to be a member of this forum, irrespective of the circumstances that led to him posting it.

• Like 6

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

All of this could be prevented if John (or moderator in charge)approached Crow directly or via PM, instead of asking admin to delete that post.  Especially if the Red Baron post ( in my understanding) wasn’t malicious or off-topic in it’s  nature. 
That post is out, so there is no more reference point for anybody who look at. Having said that,  John is going on in his thread, how  Crow has been kicked out. 
Not cool. 
metaphorically speaking:
I see this forum as a house where we were all invited for a party and every guest contributes with a home made dish of his liking. Not everyone likes everything naturally, we are all of different taste and that’s ok.  But we should share with the rest of the guests. Naturally every dish should be considered with respect to the compliments and (constructive ) criticism as a asset for us all. 

i truly wish that LSM will stay transparent and honest platform, without background politics and cloak and dagger tactics. 

The banning isn't about the posts that were removed from that topic. 

It's about this shitshow of a topic that the guy started.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Wumm said:

You migrated here to retain the right to abuse people?

Oh ya, you got me there. You were part of the same crowd that migrated here and if my memory serves me correctly I still remember several personal messages with you about posts being deleted, censorship, etc where you were furious about it here. I know you despise Krow , but come on.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was furious about the censorship and subsequent banning by the Moderating staff at TOS. But my conduct there, and the subjects of the post removal were never about abusing others, or expecting preferential treatment. I had one Staff Member take a set against me for whatever reason, and the others lacked the intestinal fortitude to do the fair thing and assess the situation and the reasons for the posts being removed on their merits.

Krow's behaviour here is completely different. He brought this situation upon himself with his own conduct, and got what he deserved. I migrated here because I wanted a space to discuss my hobby and share with other like-minded individuals, not because I wanted to be free of the consequences of abusing people online.

Despite your assertion, I don't despise Krow/Steve. However I found his previous behaviour appalling, and I called him out on it. He always thought the rules never applied to him. 

Turns out he was wrong.

S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

Yeah, I was furious about the censorship and subsequent banning by the Moderating staff at TOS. But my conduct there, and the subjects of the post removal were never about abusing others, or expecting preferential treatment. I had one Staff Member take a set against me for whatever reason, and the others lacked the intestinal fortitude to do the fair thing and assess the situation and the reasons for the posts being removed on their merits.

Krow's behaviour here is completely different. He brought this situation upon himself with his own conduct, and got what he deserved. I migrated here because I wanted a space to discuss my hobby and share with other like-minded individuals, not because I wanted to be free of the consequences of abusing people online.

Despite your assertion, I don't despise Krow/Steve. However I found his previous behaviour appalling, and I called him out on it. He always thought the rules never applied to him. 

Turns out he was wrong.

S

Well he is gone, and we remain. So questioning why the original posts of a P-51 racer on a build thread about a P-51 racer had to be removed seems a valid question to me. 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Well he is gone, and we remain, so asking why the original posts of a P-51 racer on a build thread about a P-51 racer had to be removed, is a valid question

Hi Smitty,

in hindsight i may not have removed the post. I sometimes get requests from the forum during my busy daytime job as director marketing and communications of a 1500 employee company and then act swiftly trying to piss out an emerging fire. Having said that: I also hope that all of us can think twice before reporting something. Most reports deal with spammers. Sadly sometimes it concerns abbrasions between members.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JeroenPeters said:

Hi Smitty,

in hindsight i may not have removed the post. I sometimes get requests from the forum during my busy daytime job as director marketing and communications of a 1500 employee company and then act swiftly trying to piss out an emerging fire. Having said that: I also hope that all of us can think twice before reporting something. Most reports deal with spammers. Sadly sometimes it concerns abbrasions between members.

Sad to say but unfortunately true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Well he is gone, and we remain, so asking why the original posts of a P-51 racer on a build thread about a P-51 racer had to be removed, is a valid question

This was answered in the eighth post of this thread. The Moderator made a decision. As hard as this may seem for you to understand, that's how online Forums work. Probably also hard to understand... You don't get a say in it either.

Both you and Krow seem to want to operate in an on-line environment where you can say whatever you want, and offend anyone you want, yet when someone complains or the Staff make a decision for whatever reason it's like the sky is falling.

Krow was really big on moderation when it suited him. Even hid behind it.

IMG_20220109_072848.thumb.jpg.081049c86986094fe1230f2f479e4dc2.jpg

When you demonstrate that you know how the Forum works in such a manner, and use it to game the system, it only goes to show that your constant transgressions are just like holding a middle finger to the rest of us.

S

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wumm said:

This was answered in the eighth post of this thread. The Moderator made a decision. As hard as this may seem for you to understand, that's how online Forums work. Probably also hard to understand... You don't get a say in it either.

Both you and Krow seem to want to operate in an on-line environment where you can say whatever you want, and offend anyone you want, yet when someone complains or the Staff make a decision for whatever reason it's like the sky is falling.

Wow! Say whatever I want...offend whoever I want? Examples please!  You are such a hypocrite

From the Border Lancaster thread...

Screenshot_2022-01-08-23-39-33-89.thumb.jpg.231b22f73098bddd20a221bed72f8e31.jpg

Abusing an individual you don't know, about a situation you don't understand or have first-hand knowledge of. Then...Screenshot_2022-01-09-09-52-59-37.thumb.jpg.76a4ffc077c19b67dca1b4e042d978a7.jpg

Laughing at the consequences. That only took 5 minutes by the way.

Unsurprisingly, it's so second nature to you, that you don't even realise when you're doing it.

S

*Asks for an example...

*Gets given an example...

*Straight away, doubles down on the abuse and makes light of the consequences.

You really don't realise your own behaviour, do you? You think that Krow interrupting someone else's thread and attacking him there is acceptable behaviour? You think that abusing complete strangers is par for the course? You think the rules don't apply to you?

No, Smitty. I'm not the Hypocrite here.

S