The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Share a Meme...

GazzaS

Tom was in his mid 50's, retired from his 30 years in the U.S. Navy, starting a second career.  However, he just couldn't seem to get to work on time. Every day 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, extremely sharp, so the Boss was in a quandary about how to deal with it.

Finally, one day he called him into the office for a talk. "Tom, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic; and you do a bang-up job, but you're being late so often is really quite bothersome."

"Yes, I know Boss, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear. It's odd though, you're coming in late so often. I know you're retired from a lifelong career with the Navy. What did they say if you came in late there?"

They always said, "Good morning, Admiral."
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Surfing online, I found this awesome photograph:

Growing up in the 1950's and a GA fanatic here on Long Island, who doesn't remember the three founders of Zahns Airport. In the day, Zahns was the busiest GA airport in the country. I first soloed at Zahns in 1965, J3 Cub, 2038M. Behind the Big Three, a Beech B35 Bonanza. I bought my plane from AFS in 1971, a Piper PA22 Colt.

J8Vz3c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, harv said:

Screenshot_20230608_101359_Facebook.jpg

Wait!? What?  Dr. Spock?  That’s Mr. Spock.  

Funny but related story.   I grew up as a young kid in a time when Dr. Spock’s book on child rearing was all the rage.  I use to hear all the parents referring to him.   Of course I was also a Trekkie as a kid and I was really confused because Mr. Spock never discussed child issues on Star Trek.  I thought I was missing some episodes of Star Trek the parents were watching. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...