The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

GWH Mug-29 9-13. Blue 16

• Administrators
2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

To paraphrase Bob Hope (I think it was him)

Ernie, "the largest distributor of MiG parts in the western hemisphere" :D

The 29 is one of those rare Russian aircraft I just love. Same with the Su-17/22. Flown by plenty of NATO members to good success. 
The 29 is a modern day Spitfire: small, short range, and can out turn just about anything in the world

• Like 2

• Martinnfb changed the title to GWH Mug-29 9-13. Blue 16

So I was out of this build for ten days and this is why.

As I clamped the front windshield it cracked. GWH part replacement is non responsive, so I ordered Quinta canopy from Linden Hill. That arrived quick, but the box was crashed and canopy damaged. So I contacted Linden Hill, they are blaming Canada Post and ask if I contact them, well yes, but it is the sender who can file a damage claim. 
blah blah blah regular bs

anyway. I will try to use the original piece and keep the canopy closed. 

DEC4BCAD-F9EF-4C39-9488-21DA812B2292.jpeg

36DB6F0C-9E6D-4AC8-A654-A188A0EB9F0B.jpeg

9D532510-E895-40C4-9706-DE9E6D8EAE55.jpeg

Hold your horses guys, :) Those ginormous gaps will be filled at the same time and the surface re-scribed  and polished.

DD43F0AB-A0A9-4193-8D87-094887E51E03.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Nice save Martin, the closed canopy will look good and doesn't disturb the sleek shape. I had a very similar prob with an Eduard boxing of a Su-27 UB. The supplied canopy had a crack and I ordered a vac replacement which was scratched. I got a second intact vac canopy and as we are speaking about, I think the box contained an Ukrainian decal option.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

14 hours ago, DocRob said:

Nice save Martin, the closed canopy will look good and doesn't disturb the sleek shape. I had a very similar prob with an Eduard boxing of a Su-27 UB. The supplied canopy had a crack and I ordered a vac replacement which was scratched. I got a second intact vac canopy and as we are speaking about, I think the box contained an Ukrainian decal option.

Cheers Rob

Thank You Rob, well not so much a save, just hoping for the best to hide in with the blue tint. 

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice recovery Martin. My Slovak Tiger Meet Fulcrum arrived the other day so one day I'll get to that puppy. 

Thank You Carl. I didn't get the Slovak version, pixel camouflage in this scale is not worth to attempt without my glasses (stolen from my car), although I will go with the "early" version, plus some goodies, pitot, cans, Quinta pit seat and a lots of decent filler :)

5 hours ago, JohnB said:

I like what you are planning for this one Martin. It should really be a winner! :)

Thank You for the support John, not really a winner just a joy-ride, I mean as long as it looks semi-decent I will be happy. 1/48 scale has become so tiny, everything falls on the ground , sometimes twice, my eyes are blind, hands are shaky and worst of all, I have no patience :) 

I might have little time tonight to work on small details, such as actuators plumbing etc. Pictures will follow soon.

AP16328500826473.thumb.jpeg.40fcf4d764fd954258fd30cae3a1500c.jpeg

• Like 9

Finally closed the canopy, everything is becoming so tiny and in the way of my mighty progress. I’m pretty much breaking bits as I go. Some minor filling and scribing will take place after I catch my breath, exhausted by profanities.

53A6D7C5-716A-4697-AC4C-2536B603E82B.jpeg

0F77AD8E-4824-4276-8583-FE693D1BB69C.jpeg

78552283-EC21-4414-8EAC-BECFBE1739BB.jpeg

F80A413A-7565-48B2-83BD-2B08F771418D.jpeg

• Like 6