Jump to content

Infinity Models SB2C up


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Fit looks pretty good now, Fingers crossed you're over the hump and it's going to be downhill from here.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter, I hope so. Not counting my chickens just yet though! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Such a short fuselage for that wingspan.  No wonder they called it an SOB.

 

I hope it gets one of those flamboyant navy schemes with lots of white.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, GusMac said:

Is there any way of getting a temporary spreader in there to push the sidewalls out while the glue to the canopy cures?

Not without cracking the seam right in front of the tail.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Such a short fuselage for that wingspan.  No wonder they called it an SOB.

 

I hope it gets one of those flamboyant navy schemes with lots of white.

Overall GSB Gaz.

Shangrila68.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JohnB said:

Overall GSB Gaz.

Shangrila68.jpg

Look at all of those tiny imperfections on the fuselage.  It wo8uld be cool to replicate that effect.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Look at all of those tiny imperfections on the fuselage.  It wo8uld be cool to replicate that effect.

 

Ain't gonna happen Gaz.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice to see an aircraft shape appearing, a strange looking aircraft though, built solely for purpose and not for looks.

Here's some photos I took of the one in the Thai Air Force Museum in Bangkok

jXq9Hn.jpg

I8ovzn.jpg

sClT7z.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Nice to see an aircraft shape appearing, a strange looking aircraft though, built solely for purpose and not for looks.

Here's some photos I took of the one in the Thai Air Force Museum in Bangkok

jXq9Hn.jpg

I8ovzn.jpg

sClT7z.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Looks to be a big airplane Dennis. That museum has some neat airplanes including a Bearcat. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Yes I was surprised at the size and the size of the Fairey Firefly that they also have there, must be a naval aviation thing.

ROWh5A.jpg

A5ecrr.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks for the photos Dennis.:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My "fix" for the rear cockpit window was saw that mother in half and sand down the edges until I got a decent "fit". Later I'll have to do some careful cleaning up on the cut area.

6-16-22 001.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Yikes John, that a pretty wide cut and really shows how bad the fit was.  Thank goodness there is a canopy frame on top to save the day.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Agreed Peter. That frame on top makes it possible to do the surgery. Otherwise I don't know what I'd do to fix the problem. 🙄

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Good luck on your fix John.  I really hate it when clear parts don’t fit.

I hope I have it squared away now Gaz. Fingers crossed! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John

'A thing of beauty'. Just hard to believe a kit can have so much that is poorly molded, fit issues galore and it just never seems to end.

John, you have nerves of steel and I'm betting a 40ft trailer had to show up in the last few days with cases of new 'cuss factors'.  I could never, ever have gotten as far as you have and mine would have been long ago donated to the recycle plastic bin that goes out on Wednesdays.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2022 at 5:06 PM, JohnB said:

My "fix" for the rear cockpit window was saw that mother in half and sand down the edges until I got a decent "fit". Later I'll have to do some careful cleaning up on the cut area.

6-16-22 001.jpg

Now that really sucks John and a hard-core rework needed to get the fit!

Regards. Andy 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...