The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Infinity Models SB2C up

27 minutes ago, monnthebiff said:

Very nice indeed John, I would suggest gluing the engine firewall and the rear turtle deck in place and use those two references for getting the fuselage halves to close before going to much further. There is an awful lot of trimming and adjustments needed to get things to close up. 

Regards. Andy 

Thanks Andy. I've done some trimming and test fitting already and agree, lots of trimming needed. Their instructions leave a lot to be desired.

John

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

The front office and IP are shaping up quite nicely and looking real good.

Keep 'em comin

Peter.

Thanks Peter. I've done some "readjusting" to some of the part locations to more closely resemble the real thing. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Just  a shame Infinity took so many liberties in the cockpit - just shouldn't been so.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Yep, they could have done better. Leaves the door open for us to be "creative"! 😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spitfire said:

It's nice to see one of these being built and in your usual no nonsense format, I will be following this keenly.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you Dennis. If all goes well it should make a nice looking model. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Coming on a treat John, agree with Dennis about seeing one of these built. Surely they didn’t strip the cockpit just to sell an AM set. Probably bring disingenuous……looking forward to the next instalment….

Fortunately they didn't completely strip the cockpit but they DID leave off a couple of things like the trim wheel on the left of the pilot's seat. A noticeable absence if you are aware of how the "real thing" looked. If I didn't have a copy of the Detail & Scale SB2C book I wouldn't have noticed it. At this point I kind of wish I had bit the bullet and forked out for the complete Resin2detail cockpit set. 🙄

• Like 3

I just received this VERY nice seat for the SB2C from RESIN2detail. Really nice! :)I just hope I don't break anything when I go to remove the casting runners. 🤪

6-10-22 A 001.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

WOW, the seat and details detail look unreal.  No doubt, the seat under your care and watchful eye, will be installed in perfect condition and zero 'cuss factor'.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

It certainly is delicate and will make a really nice addition to the model. Stay tuned! :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, npb748r said:

looking good, you are making me want to crack mine open and start building !!

neil

Thank you Neil. It should make a really nice model but it isn't even close to a easy build. 😉

• Like 3