Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver. Finished. Well, OK, maybe not.

• Administrators

The thing about short run kits is that a lot of the small details are somewhat vague and open for interpretation

Im slowly figuring this out, but it needs to be correct, as the main gear is extremely prominent on the Helldiver. 
The gear is hand fitted into the wing so far. Some adjustment to do as of yet.

95850302-46A1-4186-8181-64221FE16EF9.jpeg

320E1B62-13C0-4C83-8C70-A10F383A6C74.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Nice looking LG, Ernie.  Damn fine build so far.

Thanks Gary, but there’s still plenty of time to screw it up.  😂

Once ai get the basics together, I’ll be doing a bit more mild weathering, and shipborne equipment was generally kept shipshape, and then a few more stencils, followed by dullcoat.   I’m certainly seeing the finish line here, now. 

The rear gun ring and seat is just sitting in there. I’ll have it out later and wear the heck out of it. Then the guns and brass ammo belts to finish it off.

It looks like I have a ghost of white overspray on the prop, so I’ll need to touch that up as well.   Dammit  

E4F804DC-5FAA-4863-BD5C-28F41019F1D5.jpeg

D963F57E-8B43-44AC-A771-71CD44D0994E.jpeg

0B005A33-E0D7-4014-AEEB-E876CB0188D7.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, HubertB said:

If it’s not too regularly distributed, the white overspray on the pro may actually be a nice weathering touch.

Hubert

Nah, in person it looks stupid. It’s barely there, but it can be seen, and it has a clearly defined mask line. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
10 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That's looking really great. The gear does looks complicated. 

The gear seems pretty stout, actually. There are a lot of anchor points as well. The only issue being vague fit. But, the internet is your friend here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ernie,

Just beautiful!  Looks amazing and you can definitely see the time and effort you put into this build.  The scheme is one of my favorites.  Oh, and all that work to drill out those dive flaps really pays off - especially in this scale.  The wings in general look terrific.

Still watching!

Chris

• Like 4

• Administrators
2 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Ernie,

Just beautiful!  Looks amazing and you can definitely see the time and effort you put into this build.  The scheme is one of my favorites.  Oh, and all that work to drill out those dive flaps really pays off - especially in this scale.  The wings in general look terrific.

Still watching!

Chris

Thanks Chris. Yes, I need to diminish some of the harshness in places, where touchups were performed, etc.  
The lower flaps are jigged up right now and being soldered up, so hopefully I’ll have some completed lower flaps by this weekend. 

I’m curious what y’all think. To me, it looks too flat. There needs to be a bit of a sheen added to a few areas, and of course I’ll add engine oil stains and be using some pastels to give some grime. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

To me, it looks too flat

Looks Semi to me Ernie see some gloss about right to me.:dontknow:

We need to add that little guy Ernie to our characters it's me about about 90% of the time "dumb as ____";)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, KevinM said:

Looks Semi to me Ernie see some gloss about right to me.:dontknow:

We need to add that little guy Ernie to our characters it's me about about 90% of the time "dumb as ____";)

I’ll talk to Jim about more characters

• Like 2