The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Yes children, ANOTHER Corsair!!!

I've been working on this Tamiya F4U-1A off and on for nearly a year. Just something to keep occupied with when things lag. Now I think I'll go on and build it on up. As you can see, I used the very nice Quinta interior. Certainly adds a lot to the look! Stay tuned!

8-30-22 B 001.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

John

I should have guess and glad you're back building another Tamiya Corsair - let me guess, your favorite aircraft of the Second World War and your favorite model as well. Front office looks perfect and I just love the Quinta 3D cockpit decals. 

Of course, the burning question: wings folded or extended?

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

I should have guess and glad you're back building another Tamiya Corsair - let me guess, your favorite aircraft of the Second World War and your favorite model as well. Front office looks perfect and I just love the Quinta 3D cockpit decals. 

Of course, the burning question: wings folded or extended?

Yes it's about my favorite alright. :) At this point I'm undecided on the wings but most likely extended (but we will see!) LOL

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

After all the work you did on the Trumpy Corsair to fold the wings, extended wings would be my guess.

Could be Peter but the Tamiya wings have no problems extended (at least I've never had any, fingers crossed). 😄

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Always nice to have a "go-to" kit to build when you want something straightforward.

So the bigger question is, USN, USMC, FAA or RNZAF?

Carl

Agreed Carl! Likely USN or USMC but maybe something else. :)

• Like 3

I always thought my favorites were the Phantoms.  Almost picked one out of the stash yesterday instead of the Texan.  But looking back at my record I’ve built 8 F-16’s and have something like 7 or 8 more in the stash. Only built 3 Phantoms so far. 

Watching this one closely.  I love the two tone interior green.  I’ve got one Tamiya Corsair in the stash.  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

You have to photograph all your Corsairs together ……one day……

39 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Agreed. I've been intending to do that but haven't gotten around to it yet. :)

Don’t forget a figure of Richard Wagner to have a 1/32 « Baa baa black sheep » ;)

Hubert

• Like 2