The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fisher Cougar done!

After 4 months, finally done.  Slight curve ball thrown at me during the 11th hour.  The old decals were toast. Out of the 4 sheets with the kit, one or two I could use some, but had to use another set of decals just to wet and use the glue by brushing it off and brushing it onto the back of the decal or the model to get the kit decal to stick.   
I had to use stars and bars from a generic decal,set and trim out the blue background.  So I just decided to go with a generic Cougar. 
Paint used was MRP and Mr. Color lacquers. 

8h1QRa.jpg

al4b5D.jpg

xWFPSj.jpg0MlD48.jpg

• Like 10

Nice work Scott! She came out really looking good. I have two in my stash (a 2-seat Cougar and a -2 Panther) that I had "started" and never finished but the intent is to get back to at least one of them. Again, very nice work and a a great save on the decals.  :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Really nice there Scott. 

I've got the Twogar in the stash. When I got it, one of the intake lips was broken off. I contacted Paul and he was going to drop a replacement in the mail for me. That was a couple days before the big fire. 

Carl

My Panther's vertical tail is slightly warped to the left. Not REAL noticeable unless you look at it from the front. I've tried heating it up with hot water and a hair dryer but the resin is just too thick. I don't want to overdo it and screw it up so I've just left it alone. I'll get back to it one of these days. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Scott

One beautiful Cougar - awesome work.

The jewel in my collection is the Fisher Sea Fury.

Those Sea Fury kits are really nice. Mine turned out great! I have a idea guys, why don't we start a thread with nothing but Fisher aircraft builds? Should be interesting. If it's okay I'll kick things off. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

Those Sea Fury kits are really nice. Mine turned out great! I have a idea guys, why don't we start a thread with nothing but Fisher aircraft builds? Should be interesting. If it's okay I'll kick things off. :)

John

Sounds Great, I'm in