The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

So, you finally got one of your grail kits that just came out…..

ScottsGT

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Man, that would be great.   Just took a quick look at his website.  I like the A-26 wing root correction he did.  Something like this and an inner section of the wing top would fix it right up.  
This would convince me to also get the D model as well. 

The more you look at that B-24, the worse it gets, but Brian said exactly the same thing about the A-26, and he’s seriously stepped up for that one. 
I’m doing a standard A-26, plus my Grail A-26K once the stuff comes out for it. The A-26K is one of those I’ve waited for for years. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Rob, 

I completely forgot the Nautilus was on my list as well.  But the Disney version.  Yea, I got one and it was a bench clearing kit.

hRcrxC.jpg

Its 31” long. Kit is some sort of black resin by Masterpiece Models.  It took a lot of detail reworking to get it there, but I’m very satisfied with the outcome.   The finish started out painting it silver, shading the rivet lines and then applying a true iron paint and then spraying it with a acid that promotes the rust.  Kind of cool watching it rust before your eyes.  
If anyone is interested:

https://masterpiecemodels.com/product/20k-submarine/

How, that is a really nice looking model.  Great job!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Holy Grail wish list is small and most likely will never be filled but I can dream:

1/32 or 1/48 scale, molded to the ninth degree of current technologies and detail:

1.Lockheed L-049 in Eastern Airline Livery. For me, the most beautiful airplane that ever graced the skies

2. Sky Kings' Cessna 310, The Songbird

A really bad pic but you get the idea. Just look at those lines and beautifully sloping fuselage. There is an You Tube video of Arther Godfry talking to his good friend Captain Eddie Rickenbacker (president of EAL at the time) and then flying the Connie with a full crew coast to coast. Yes, Arthur was fully rated for the Connie and one of the Hollywood personalities that was a fully rated pilot. I believe if memory serves me correctly, Arthur owned and flew a Piper Apache back in those day.  

f41QVk.jpg

I do have the old Heller 1/72 scale kit in the stash, ATP EAL Decals and I know somewhere the Fisher engine/cowl set.

The Songbird Cessna 310; the photo is just the correct model of the 310.. 

90H6s5.jpg

• Like 5

Peter, agreed with the Connie.  Very graceful bird.  I remember years ago there use to be one of those real hardware stores here in town.  They carried every nut and bolt ever known to mankind. 
In the main office up front there was a balsa built Connie with about a 6’ or 7’ wing span. It was a beauty.  I think it had TWA markings, but that was 20 years ago.  

I have all 3 of the Heller kits in the stash.  I did buy the Fisher engines and Radome corrections for the one kit, but did not “splurge” for the nose correction.  One just sold on eBay last week for almost $200.  I figured between Fisher and DMold it wouldn’t be a problem down the road.  Boy, was I ever wrong. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Actually there is one kit I’d love to build a 1/32 HP 42 in Imperial Airways livery…

Would be cool to see that one as a kit, but mainly your pic gave me the idea to replicate wet tarmac for an airplane dio as an experiment. I will store that in my mind for ruture use.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 4:45 AM, Peterpools said:

My Holy Grail wish list is small and most likely will never be filled but I can dream:

1/32 or 1/48 scale, molded to the ninth degree of current technologies and detail:

1.Lockheed L-049 in Eastern Airline Livery. For me, the most beautiful airplane that ever graced the skies

2. Sky Kings' Cessna 310, The Songbird

A really bad pic but you get the idea. Just look at those lines and beautifully sloping fuselage. There is an You Tube video of Arther Godfry talking to his good friend Captain Eddie Rickenbacker (president of EAL at the time) and then flying the Connie with a full crew coast to coast. Yes, Arthur was fully rated for the Connie and one of the Hollywood personalities that was a fully rated pilot. I believe if memory serves me correctly, Arthur owned and flew a Piper Apache back in those day.  

f41QVk.jpg

I do have the old Heller 1/72 scale kit in the stash, ATP EAL Decals and I know somewhere the Fisher engine/cowl set.

The Songbird Cessna 310; the photo is just the correct model of the 310.. 

90H6s5.jpg

Shy King !....harv

I have a couple;

1 - large scale steam locomotive- Trumpeter BR 52, built it, but it's gone now. Looking to build another.

2 - large scale U boat - have 4 - 2 type 7s, 1 type 9 and a type 2, all still in the stash.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 7:31 AM, ScottsGT said:

Peter, agreed with the Connie.  Very graceful bird.  I remember years ago there use to be one of those real hardware stores here in town.  They carried every nut and bolt ever known to mankind. 
In the main office up front there was a balsa built Connie with about a 6’ or 7’ wing span. It was a beauty.  I think it had TWA markings, but that was 20 years ago.  

I have all 3 of the Heller kits in the stash.  I did buy the Fisher engines and Radome corrections for the one kit, but did not “splurge” for the nose correction.  One just sold on eBay last week for almost $200.  I figured between Fisher and DMold it wouldn’t be a problem down the road.  Boy, was I ever wrong. 

Quoting myself here.   I discovered I did splurge on that nose correction when I went through my aftermarket stash the other day.  Glad I didn’t get in a bidding war and win it. 

• Like 3