The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Y’all still good on Dec 1 GB start, or wait till Jan 1?

Clunkmeister

I did this YEARS ago as a goof.  I don't remember which two kits I used other than the P-51C and I think the floats from a Kingfisher, both 1/72.  Once I mounted the main float, I had the propeller clearance issue to solve.  Hence the cut-out.  BMF prop, canopy framing and leading edges, Model Master Acryl Kandy Scarlet I think.

image.thumb.jpeg.34de60efb137918a01788e7fa1423dd2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b07d49607f22014d6a59f63a5a934b3b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a349a701d4271bae1a88b320172ac30f.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, CANicoll said:

I did this YEARS ago as a goof.  I don't remember which two kits I used other than the P-51C and I think the floats from a Kingfisher, both 1/72.  Once I mounted the main float, I had the propeller clearance issue to solve.  Hence the cut-out.  BMF prop, canopy framing and leading edges, Model Master Acryl Kandy Scarlet I think.

Funky Thang :nuke:

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

And if Rob started building sooner, but taking pics and all, ready to tactically post them then, nobody would be the wiser. 🤣

Sure, a zillion pictures up to a half build vessel on January first and on some of the pics, I forgot to remove the December issue of a newspaper or the Advent decoration :D.
Never got so closed to approved frauding :ph34r:.

Cheers Rob

• Haha 5

• Administrators
19 hours ago, DocRob said:

Sure, a zillion pictures up to a half build vessel on January first and on some of the pics, I forgot to remove the December issue of a newspaper or the Advent decoration :D.
Never got so closed to approved frauding :ph34r:.

Cheers Rob

I know nussink, I hear nussink, I see nussink. 

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

Now with Christmas almost here I’m realizing Ernie made a good call on the delay. I cannot believe how busy we have been getting ready for family to show up for visits and getting all the gift decisions, buying and wrapping done. 
I’ve had very little time at the bench working on old projects without the group build going yet. 

• Like 7

• Administrators
On 11/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, CANicoll said:

image.thumb.jpeg.34de60efb137918a01788e7fa1423dd2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b07d49607f22014d6a59f63a5a934b3b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a349a701d4271bae1a88b320172ac30f.jpeg

Chris, what I AM going to do is organize a collection for you to get you some sanding sticks…   🙃. OK, I know it’s just the light reflection, but those props look to be literally covered in flash.  🤣

I gotta take my licks when I can, man!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

• Administrators
On 11/29/2022 at 9:02 AM, ScottsGT said:

In honor of the season and the Hogan’s gang…..

Those guys were GREAT. Given the time period the series was produced in, and feelings were still high on both sides, they all did a great job of splitting it down the line with brilliant acting, episode after episode. It must have been hard to pull off a German POW Camp Sgt and Commandant into serious, but lovable characters with real scruples and honor.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Chris, what I AM going to do is organize a collection for you to get you some sanding sticks…   🙃. OK, I know it’s just the light reflection, but those props look to be literally covered in flash.  🤣

I gotta take my licks when I can, man!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ernie, I had to go to my display case and take a good look at the prop.  Aren't you just dazzled by the glare?!?    I never tried to BMF props again, after this experience.  People who foil entire aircraft just amaze me.

However, far be it from me to turn down any supplies - I go through sanding sticks like babies go through diapers ...  B)

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Ernie, I had to go to my display case and take a good look at the prop.  Aren't you just dazzled by the glare?!?    I never tried to BMF props again, after this experience.  People who foil entire aircraft just amaze me.

However, far be it from me to turn down any supplies - I go through sanding sticks like babies go through diapers ...  B)

haha. I think it was the glare of the flash, but that is by far the quirkiest looking build alive ever seen. Brilliant work!  Gotta try that with a P-39 next….

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Those guys were GREAT. Given the time period the series was produced in

That time period was great I was a youth everything about Christmas was magical just watching that clip made it now seem magical now,I have not this sat down and watched one Christmas show DirectTV in our area only has certain channels and one ole movie"Miracle on 34th Street".The rest of the movies are all 90/20 era crap I say crap.I may need to watch some ole reruns of Christmas shows of Bing w/Bowie.................

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Times have changed - what a shame. 🙁

Carol,Bob,Bing and others all had Christmas shows each different from the year before special times then glad still to be here."Merry Christmas to All";)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Someone makes a P-38 floatplane conversion. Just can't think who it is. 

Halberd Models.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/165683039174?hash=item26937a8bc6:g:YWAAAOSwpPNiUtUF&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4JtsitnAMLMIlcE%2BqXg%2BbolKwyuF8RRl4DYpXaFZvrbmBHnKRhbAUGFrKqSzdj57xeJ6JOFf85Ms4HJgpoVgdGAM5gpfo18ViUVHQYq%2BV1HtkIdq3JHzUrl9Ydtuq7Hw90eiAJjmXMQBP6n38nhyAZhJvVhBkql0RxlJobfBMPCef3zMgzdgSjGkNhnM2EhxzSippw0e68nvZ4%2B%2Btc21utIw62UTYmDbN4bjSJ8t0NFhOtkNqKcxs9O8oMsTSDDG%2F%2F4QGeDPtOMsD%2BY%2BLZ88LxQUUslmHKERucCBBzvIS%2F0T|tkp%3ABk9SR573nainYQ

Andreiy, the man behind Halberd Models is Ukrainian, and lives near Zaporijah, under the daily Russian bombings … And yet he continues doing business, and be nice and professional. Worth every encouragement wa can muster IMHO.

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just went through my Vosper MTB kit with the Griffon basic set and I think I'm going to have to find another subject. The amount of PE in the basic set is daunting. Don't even want to think what the advanced set looks like.  I need to brush up on my soldering skill to take that on. 

Plus I want to finish the Millennium Falcon first. 

Carl

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, BlrwestSiR said:

I just went through my Vosper MTB kit with the Griffon basic set and I think I'm going to have to find another subject. The amount of PE in the basic set is daunting. Don't even want to think what the advanced set looks like.  I need to brush up on my soldering skill to take that on. 

Plus I want to finish the Millennium Falcon first. 

I have the advanced set and never considered the Vosper kit for the GB for exactly this reason :D. To add some more pain, I have a lot of resin figures for the boat.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DocRob said:

I have the advanced set and never considered the Vosper kit for the GB for exactly this reason :D. To add some more pain, I have a lot of resin figures for the boat.

Cheers Rob

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. 

Rob, what figure do you have a d where did you get them? I have the Italeri set and they're a bit lacking. 

• Like 2