Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

LSM Modelling News 2023 merged Fran and Artful69’s threads

Fran

Well, it seems that HPH are throwing the towel on Infinity. The Kate is 50 % down the road, and the project is advertised for sale.

That was a meteoritic passage in the modelling word …

Hubert

• Sad 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Well, it seems that HPH are throwing the towel on Infinity. The Kate is 50 % down the road, and the project is advertised for sale.

That was a meteoritic passage in the modelling word …

Hubert

Hubert where did you saw the info? 

1 hour ago, Fran said:

thanks! Just saw it... and Heinz account was "erased" from Britmodeller... 

We know it does not take much to be banned from BM nowadays. Maybe just mentioning LSP was enough to displease the lord there 😂 ...

Hubert

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Wow! So, how big would that be? Asking for a friend.

Ben (Starfighter on LSP) said it was 62 hours printing time for the wings only. And printing the fuselage takes 120 hours … And, before you ask, AFAIK, he has no intention of selling it to anyone …

Still, it’s a fantastic piece of design 👍 !

Hubert

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from Attitude Aviation (Bouchon Scale Models) and they're about to release a retractable tailwheel for the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire kit. Which means building a VII and VIII are now possible. 

w600h400.jpeg.cfca25c446db80ecd7187134fec54dfe.jpeg

https://www.buchonscalemodels.com/products/1-24-spitfire-retractable-tailwheel-resin-conversion

He also mentioned there's more coming and has a picture of a Griffon Spitfire.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Just got an email from Attitude Aviation (Bouchon Scale Models) and they're about to release a retractable tailwheel for the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire kit. Which means building a VII and VIII are now possible. 

w600h400.jpeg.cfca25c446db80ecd7187134fec54dfe.jpeg

https://www.buchonscalemodels.com/products/1-24-spitfire-retractable-tailwheel-resin-conversion

He also mentioned there's more coming and has a picture of a Griffon Spitfire.

Not at all surprised here ... I think this kit was designed with AM conversions in mind ...

The only disappointing bit is that the design would be difficult to backdate to a Mk.I or Mk.Vb ... and the kit is just that good as base to work from!

Rog :)

• Like 2

I'm really excited, there is a new tool Sea King announced by Airfix in 48 scale. My favorite heli seems to receive an appropriate scale version. I like the idea by Airfix, that the same airframe is depicted in four different liveries over the service decades, the last, being a civilian scheme. 

The Modelling News: Return of the King - Arifix' new 48th scale Sea King HAS.1/HAS.5/HU.5

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

On 7/11/2023 at 4:32 AM, Fran said:

Limited Edition Hong Kong Models 1:32 B-17 G "Rose of York". 

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

I've lost track of the HKM versions, but the tail number is pretty early for a G, does this have the staggered waist gun windows?  I'm thinking not.

• Like 1

Not exactly modeling news, but I didn't want to open an own thread. Modellbau König of Germany has it's summer sale. There are even some WNW kits left with 30% off until 31.07., like the late Felixstowe, the early AEG G.IV, the AMC DH.9 and of course the Gotha on floats. 
After pondering a lot about the Felixstowe, I couldn't resist anymore and ordered one. It was not so much the price, but the sheer size, which made me thinking for almost half a year, hoping that the remaining ones got sold, only to cry afterwards bitterly :D.
But a while ago, it hit me, I build the big one without the outer wings in a partly opened maintenance setting, so two RFC mechanics accompany my purchase and 225 € seemed fair to me for the grandest WNW offering.

Sonderangebote (modellbau-koenig.de)

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1