Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

My SOD is full. Or in other words, SQUIRREL!!!

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

1/48 B-36

Fisher Miss September Sea Fury

Fisher RB-51 Red Baron

Fisher F9F-5

1/32 Tamiya birdcage Corsair

1/32 SK Brewster Buffalo

1/32 HK PBJ-1H

Rutman P-51B

WNW Taube

WNW AEG (early)

1/32 HB F-84G

1/32 Trumpeter F-100D “777”

I’m doomed 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

• Clunkmeister changed the title to My SOD is full. Or in other words, SQUIRREL!!!

Ernie

Yikes, your SOD is surely full of some mighty impressive kits. Have no fears, your never doomed, just need to start building 24/7 and do your best to hold off starting anything new. Of course, we're all waiting for the Peacemaker to kit the bench and work her way towards completion under your watchful eye and hands. :popcorn: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

1/48 B-36

Fisher Miss September Sea Fury

Fisher RB-51 Red Baron

Fisher F9F-5

1/32 Tamiya birdcage Corsair

1/32 SK Brewster Buffalo

1/32 HK PBJ-1H

Rutman P-51B

WNW Taube

WNW AEG (early)

1/32 HB F-84G

1/32 Trumpeter F-100D “777”

I’m doomed 

I thought mine one was bad but I took a look and it's scattered across several shelves/benches/drawers so it presents as smaller piles of indecision rather than one large overwhelming one. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I solved that problem when I moved.  Boxed them all up and I don’t have to see them. :rofl:

I pulled one out of the box and put it on my bench riser to work on as a break from my regular build, if I need one.  I will only work on one new kit at a time.  
Let’s just say that’s my plan and I’m doing my best to stick to it. 

But if I’m being honest to myself, my SOD kits:

1/144 C-17

1/32 F-15A Spirit of 76

2-1/48 Helo’s

1/32 Revell P-51

1/16 Revell funny car getting an aftermarket rebody and decals for Hot Wheels Mongoose or Snake. 

EDIT:  forgot about the 1/32 Blue Angels Skyhawk.  

Not too bad by Ernie’s standards. 

• Like 6

As I am not someone to let a friend in need, I’ll take September Fury away from your overburdened hands, and I’ll finish it for you. Don’t thank me, that’s what friends are for …. ;)

Hubert

PS Edit : after some thinking through, I realised I was not generous enough in my offer. Please accept my apologies. I was overlwhelmed with the emotion of seeing a friend in distress.

To make up for this shortsightedness, I’ll also take the Panther and Rutman’s « B ».

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

What were we all taught, no means no……………except when that new shiny kit is just released……….I reckon Ernie, move all the new kits in a storage space and then lock the door. Give the the key to your dear wife and finish the SOD. ………and any new released kits which have been purchased are impounded in the lockup…….simple……..IMHO…

• Like 5

My SOD doom is small and very unforgiving. New members push older ones off the edge and they land in the Yaphank Landfill. As I keep getting older (thank Goodness for that), reality set in, knowing I will never, ever get around to attempting to finishing them and the decision to their fate has been made. A hard choice but a necessity for me. I also realized after all these years, I'm absolutely incapable of working on two builds at one time, as I tend to lose interest on one or the other. My motto now is start it - finish it.

• Like 6

I've just one left  , a started Revell kitbash of the 1/32 Tempest and Typhoon for a long gone GB .

Trying to make the dog old Typhoon better using the bits of the Tempest . Stopped work as I felt the end result would be less than the sum of the parts. Not sure whether it's worth resurrecting both and finishing as is . 

• Like 4