The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk VI 60326 - 1/32

Having purchased this stunning kit in March 2016, I reckon it’s about time I built it. Have been honing my building my skills slowly since returning to the hobby and now feel confident to tackle this. I’ll be pacing myself as I’ve seen a few burnouts, not because of the kit but the size of the project. That’s what I believe anyway.

Over the years added some AM, a few essentials but not the whole lot. The Yahu IP away purchased back in around 2017, before 3D printed IP’s but with these being now available bought the RedFox IP.

The Elco for the GB is awaiting the hull and deck to be sprayed in the garage as the booth is too small. So when better arrives that will be completed for the GB.

……….without further ado……….

IMG_7685.thumb.jpeg.619e3ed9b13b9d9c1ca580cb03df344b.jpeg

IMG_7683.thumb.jpeg.48bd57222012e1d65ec767dcb4861a3e.jpeg

• Like 12

Bring it on Phil, I really like to see your Mosquito developing. I have one in stash and was pondering, if I start it soon. I have a completely different set of AM for mine though.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

Will be riding shotgun all the way and just go slow and follow Tamiya's instructions and a museum model will be the result.

Thanks Peter, I am a little amiss at following instructions but I will heed your advise…..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Look forward to seeing another Mosquito getting built. I've done one Tamiya so far and have 2 more in the stash to get to. 

How is the Red Fox IP set? 

That’s a lot of real estate there Carl. The RedFox IPs are stunning. As you know I am not going anywhere near the other company. Here are some closeups for you guys……..note these are closeups, the marbling of the consoles isn’t obvious with normal eyesight…….IMG_0133.thumb.jpeg.3ec2b58a4441d4b22668340290b5a045.jpeg

IMG_0134.thumb.jpeg.63673b2cfc2276fa047ef25d89887c7b.jpeg

IMG_0135.thumb.jpeg.aba6ee836bc8df08237069a0d52f99d8.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DocRob said:

Bring it on Phil, I really like to see your Mosquito developing. I have one in stash and was pondering, if I start it soon. I have a completely different set of AM for mine though.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, be interesting to compare your selection of AM, I’m sure I’m missing stuff……..

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

If I get anyway close to your quality John, I’ll be a happy camper….

I know it will look great. Especially with the Quinta set. Those weren't around when I built mine.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Rob, be interesting to compare your selection of AM, I’m sure I’m missing stuff……..

Hi Phil, like you, I bought the Mossie kit and the AM a long time ago. I'd say, the kit doesn't really need a lot of AM, but hey, aren't we all a bit strange with that.
I test glued the wheels, ingenious Tamiya design and found them good enough, to not exchange them.
The seat belts are a must for me and for the front office I have the Eduard set. With my recent Tamiya Corsair built, I decided against a previously bought Yahu IP, because it was wrong, with yellow dials, which should have been white and tweaked the kit supplied one. I may go the same route here, If the Eduard set isn't satisfactory.
I haven't decided on the plane, so maybe add the Aires rockets. The Brassin stuff is for extra detailing, but I think your choice of Master barrels will do as well.
I will use masks for the markings and try the wet transfers for stenciling, but with my shaky history with HGW's wet transfers, I might opt for 1ManArmy masks for the job.

Cheers Rob

IMG_1018.thumb.JPG.fce5df27a62bf62999770d997d0c7606.JPG

• Like 4

16 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Yay - go for it Phil ! Have you a particular mossie in mind ?

PW, no I haven’t, well not at the moment. It’s going to be awhile before the final gloss coat is ready for markings……..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Hi Phil, like you, I bought the Mossie kit and the AM a long time ago. I'd say, the kit doesn't really need a lot of AM, but hey, aren't we all a bit strange with that.
I test glued the wheels, ingenious Tamiya design and found them good enough, to not exchange them.
The seat belts are a must for me and for the front office I have the Eduard set. With my recent Tamiya Corsair built, I decided against a 

Thanks Rob, pretty similar, I’ll have to look into the exhausts. I was tempted by the cannon enhancements, never say never. I also have the Yahu but the RedFox IP is stunning and relatively in expensive. The camo masks are a good idea but I’m a little wedded to my. AK Camo Putty. The belts are my next task, so watch this space……

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

The belts are my next task, so watch this space……

I used the kit belts originally on my build but then really hated the way they looked. I wasn't happy with the colour and the way they draped so the build stalled.

The kit belts:

IMG_20160811_161621-L.jpg

After a year, I finally ripped them out and replaced them with some from HGW. 

IMG_20160908_222536-L.jpg

If you do use HGW, look at the set made for the HK Mossie. The one specific to the Tamiya kit is shortened for some reason whereas the one for the HK kit is full length. 

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Added pics
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I used the kit belts originally on my build but then really hated the way they looked. I wasn't happy with the colour and the way they draped so the build stalled.

The kit belts:

IMG_20160811_161621-L.jpg

After a year, I finally ripped them out and replaced them with some from HGW. 

IMG_20160908_222536-L.jpg

If you do use HGW, look at the set made for the HK Mossie. The one specific to the Tamiya kit is shortened for some reason whereas the one for the HK kit is full length. 

Carl

HGW belts look mighty good for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Thanks Carl, I have the Eduard fabric belts ( they are branded HGW) 32846….

IMG_7683.thumb.jpeg.499dcb32c0d2c0c34ea66ba45adcc760.jpeg

• Like 4