The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk VI 60326 - 1/32

I'm a big fan of HGW belts.  Wish I had used them on my Spitfire instead of the kit belts.  I didn't even know Eduard made cloth belts...    will be interesting to see how they go.

• Like 4

Gaz

I didn't know either, but I do like the way The Kotare molded on belts look. For my last few builds, I've been using the Quinta seat belts that come in the cockpit detail sets and for me, they look pretty good.

• Like 2

Eduard do the PE bits for HGW so they had HGW make some of the fabric belts for them to sell under their own label. They're often identical but have different prices so I usually  check to see which one is cheaper. 

Likewise, some of the HGW two seater sets are cheaper than buying two copies of the single seater belts. This is usually the case for Luftwaffe belts. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Eduard do the PE bits for HGW so they had HGW make some of the fabric belts for them to sell under their own label. They're often identical but have different prices so I usually  check to see which one is cheaper. 

Likewise, some of the HGW two seater sets are cheaper than buying two copies of the single seater belts. This is usually the case for Luftwaffe belts. 

yeah, I have noticed that the metal parts are by Eduard.  Funnily, the directions never match the numbers on the Eduard Frets.  I'll check out Eduard too, next time.  The HGW belts are a little long, and I have found that it's a lot of work to have belts that aren't hanging down over the seat.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Ok first SNAFU………out of three interior greens I have (Vallejo) I chose the wrong one. It’s too light, so restarting the preparation of the cockpit………

I always paint everything too light.  Then I can hit it with washes later.

• Like 4

On 5/2/2023 at 1:40 PM, Bomber_County said:

That’s a lot of real estate there Carl. The RedFox IPs are stunning. As you know I am not going anywhere near the other company. Here are some closeups for you guys……..note these are closeups, the marbling of the consoles isn’t obvious with normal eyesight…….IMG_0133.thumb.jpeg.3ec2b58a4441d4b22668340290b5a045.jpeg

IMG_0134.thumb.jpeg.63673b2cfc2276fa047ef25d89887c7b.jpeg

IMG_0135.thumb.jpeg.aba6ee836bc8df08237069a0d52f99d8.jpeg

Nice! It comes with the front faces of the receiver and display (Type 92) for the GEE (the two non back pieces). I 3D printed those for 1/48 Tamiya B IV that I'm building as a B.25 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, FlyinBryan said:

Nice! It comes with the front faces of the receiver and display (Type 92) for the GEE (the two non back pieces). I 3D printed those for 1/48 Tamiya B IV that I'm building as a B.25 

I’m really impressed with the RedFox set. Would be great to see your B.25, is there a WIP?

• Like 2

Just so you guys don’t think I’ve bailed on this already, some in progress…….The harness went to together without any problems except having to use the Hubble telescope to see some elements. Next was to start on the cockpit tub / platform. There is a lot of assembly and painting and re touching but very enjoy. The first two elements of the RedFox 3D decals, the Gee and Drift boxes. The Gee box looks amazing, to me anyway.  Everything is setting and literally laid in position. Next is to sort the harnesses out and lay them out plus fix pilot and nav seats in place………then add some weathering……….that’s only pages 1 and 2 ……

IMG_0141.thumb.jpeg.931616cec3aa3b463337654f466a7c4e.jpeg

IMG_0142.thumb.jpeg.bac71c33835468559f2d4068f12c8120.jpeg

IMG_0143.thumb.jpeg.adc6941d696c88c7eee2e315b23c5b1c.jpeg

• Like 11

Poco a poco Phil, the Mossie is a demanding project. Your cockpit looks great and you finished the fiddly bets, which add a lot of reality. Is there a reason, why the cockpit floor is still on the sprue?

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

Phil

Some mighty nice progress and yes, the seatbelts and harness will test your nerve - but you have conquered and they look so good. May I just suggest bend them a bit more, so they will drape a bit more naturally. When it comes to the harnesses, I'm the last one that should be offering any suggestions as I'm not very creative with them and more then happy when they are glued in place.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Poco a poco Phil, the Mossie is a demanding project. Your cockpit looks great and you finished the fiddly bets, which add a lot of reality. Is there a reason, why the cockpit floor is still on the sprue?

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, there are lot of “bits” to paint and repaint. I wasn’t happy with one element so I think I painted it 5 times……..I sprayed the floor on the sprue and just left there. The sprue isn’t large so it acts as a platform rest…….

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

Some mighty nice progress and yes, the seatbelts and harness will test your nerve - but you have conquered and they look so good. May I just suggest bend them a bit more, so they will drape a bit more naturally. When it comes to the harnesses, I'm the last one that should be offering any suggestions as I'm not very creative with them and more then happy when they are glued in place.

Thanks Peter, the pilot and nav seats are just placed in position not glued yet. I am going to get all the harnesses positioned before final assembly……..then add the light weathering……..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

Perfect - going to look awesome. I should have known, spoke too soon.

No worries Peter, I’ve tinkered with the nav’s harness tonight, my benchtime during the week amounts to 20 minutes a day……

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, npb748r said:

looking good Phil, I couldn't do that harness, sausage fingers would get in the way !!!

neil 

Thanks Neil, you are more than capable of doing these harnesses, two sets of tweezers, good lighting, CA gel and a lens………good to go……

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Nice work on the cockpit Phil, I like your idea of leaving the part on the sprue for better manipulation. Smart :)

Much appreciated Martin, I hate having subassemblies floating around in the wind when you’re trying to add stuff…….hence the sprue acts as the perfect platform…..

• Like 3