The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk VI 60326 - 1/32

On 5/16/2023 at 1:53 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Great work on the cockpit Phil. The Red Fox panels look like a worthwhile investment.

Thanks Carl, much appreciated. I’m just starting on the IP, I’m constructing a base plate  for the RedFox so I don’t have to ruin the kit parts just in case. That’s what did for the Gee. I’ll try retain all the kit parts intact.

• Like 2

Thanks Peter, it occurred to me when I did the Gee Receiver, the instructions said sand all the detail off the kit part. Hmmm why not just replace it with sheet styrene, also the spares box now has a beautifully moulded Gee Receiver fascia……..and a spare if I screw up the RedFox item…….

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Now the Elco is finished and off the bench, time to push on with the Mossie. Cockpit almost finished it was time to break out the RedFox not decals but very thin printed panels. Applied with PVA and away we go. IMHO they look good…….next is the .303 gunbay. Prepared the replacement barrels for a Master set, see blackened the tray. Also adding Barracuda Ammo chutes, more to come on those……..after the Elco cannot stop adding detail for my sins…..

IMG_0196.thumb.jpeg.def535edfe726b3e8af5d360ddb8c5eb.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looking good there Phil. The nose gun bay looks great and the Barracuda ammo chutes will help since the kit ones don't have ammo moulded in them. 

Thanks Carl, it’s coming together well, suppose I expect that from Tamiya. Really impressed with the RedFox as they are of a rigid construction and lay down perfectly……..

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

Brilliant progress and following along is a trip back down memory lane for me when I built my Mossie. Redfox decals coupled with your building skills - awesome all the way.

Thanks Peter, I keep expecting a mismatch or part not fitting but this is Tamiya. I keep distracting myself with, shall I add some detail etc………the one thing about RedFox is they are not a water slide decals so you no water whatsoever. They are a rigid panel…….

• Like 2

That pit looks fantastic, Phil. The RedFox panels are simply stunning, but your paintwork is also. Good decision with the ammo chutes, I have to check, if the Brassin ones, I own have ammo replicated.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

That pit looks fantastic, Phil. The RedFox panels are simply stunning, but your paintwork is also. Good decision with the ammo chutes, I have to check, if the Brassin ones, I own have ammo replicated.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, I tend to paint under a magnifying lens, so if it’s ok at that magnification it will be ok at Eyeball Mk 1. If you have the full Brassin set it comes with wiring etc for the bulkhead boxes on the left, I had scratch build those…….when do you think you’re is going to visit the bench?……..

• Like 3

On holiday this week, so a little more bench time. Engines now assembled and the rocker box covers replaced with Barracuda covers with RR logon on. You have to careful dremel out a notch for the magnets to locate inside. ……..now to concoct an engine colour……….

IMG_7753.thumb.jpeg.8258871a39fa54d629fec68e9a0b69fe.jpeg

• Like 6