The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk VI 60326 - 1/32

10 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Gaz, it’s good Tamiya engineering and moulding, the exhausts are a little disappointing……

Can't have everything, buddy.  Which is kinda cool so it gives us a chance to make improvements...   hopefully without the need to buy AM.  I hate buying AM.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys it’s time to button this up. A few shots of the cockpit before being embedded forever deep in the fuselage. The fuselage halves are now closed and curing, I’ll post pictures of fuselage and completed engines in next couple of days………and couldn’t resist adding a little bit of piping……

IMG_0231.thumb.jpeg.7f7e460284934207e1747528ded4a088.jpeg

IMG_0230.thumb.jpeg.97bf624e8a0ea0569ade75f769a5e3c6.jpeg

IMG_0229.thumb.jpeg.b062e22146e9dab8b5ff4cf54f35c223.jpeg

IMG_0228.thumb.jpeg.20969de3f871860f47fc296a142491ae.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Fantastic detail is showing in your cockpit, Phil. Always a great moment, to close the fuselage. The Mossie kit seems to be a real gem.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, seriously suggest the RedFox AM but yes it’s a gem. Everything fits perfectly except when user error occurs……..

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Wow Phil ! This cockpit is looking great !

(But you forgot to add the wires leading to the instruments’ casings, says Mr AMS 😇)

Hubert

Much appreciated Hubert, the wiring to the IP think will be hidden forever so I passed on it, may come back and bite me of course. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Much appreciated Hubert, the wiring to the IP think will be hidden forever so I passed on it, may come back and bite me of course. 

I thought the same like Hubert, instantly, but looking more close to your pictures, it seems all is invisible after closing the fuselage. The only possible area to leave a view could be the side door.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DocRob said:

I thought the same like Hubert, instantly, but looking more close to your pictures, it seems all is invisible after closing the fuselage. The only possible area to leave a view could be the side door.

Cheers Rob

I fully agree. I was just teasing Phil. It’s a different story however with the Mk IV and its glss nose …

Hubert

• Like 3

On 7/24/2023 at 11:20 AM, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

Rob, not even from the side door. Not sure why Tamiya never released the bomber version, surely 85% of the airframe etc were already tooled……..

• Like 3

Phil

Agreed, never understood why we spend so much time detailing areas of a build that when finished will never, ever be seen. When I built my Tamiya Mossie, it was OOB all the way and after all these years, still looks awesome in the display case. But to this day, the jewel in my collection is the Fisher Sea Fury and it's also OOB. I mostly just enjoy looking at them on display and the finish is what I see. If you ask me anything about the interior details, without looking at photographs, I remember almost nothing - could also be age has a lot to do with it. 

• Like 3

This build seems to be flying along. With cockpit in and gun bay awaiting AM barrels, the fuselage has been buttoned up. Engines now almost complete, items to be added once in the nacelles. One word of warning, take notice of the construction sequence, caused myself some problems thinking I knew better ☹️. Wing ready for the top skins to be added and they are complete. Love the wheels and their perfect engineered solution. This is a real pleasure to build……….enjoy the pictures……..some more weathering and fettling to be added to the engines……

IMG_0236.thumb.jpeg.ec66076c10089a892bdb55d8d4b7b080.jpeg

IMG_0238.thumb.jpeg.a0ee8e19a105f8391c56fcfaade58517.jpeg

IMG_0237.jpeg

• Like 8

Looking all good Phil, you are truly flying through this build. I loved the wheels especially, when I glued them together, as a test, if AM is necessary, but the way Tamiya engineered the wheels there is no need.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Phil

Awesome progress and some mighty fine work. The Mossie is in a class by herself and maybe did Tamiya in with the cost of the kit ... who knows just glad we have the kit to enjoy.

The wheels and tires are beyond ingenious and mine was a joy to build. Just might build another one, as following your build is got me thinking.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Really great progress there Phil.  Tamiya out did themselves on the Mossie. But I think three of them will be enough for me. 

Thanks Carl, they certainly did, just wish they had also gone the bomber or PFF version……

• Like 2