Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk VI 60326 - 1/32

26 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Just catching up on your Mossie Phil. It looks really great. 

Thanks Carl, the masking is just ok but pleased with it. Top decals done, going to let them set overnight before doing underside. 

• Like 3

Phil

Awesome progress and you're absolutely in the home stretch.

I started using the 3D bottle holders for both Tamiya glues and Micro Decal solutions and since then, haven't knocked over a single bottle - highly recommended and they are more then worth the cost is just saving spilled solutions and glue all over the bench.  :construction:

• Like 4

Thanks Peter, the 51 is finished now bar some weathering and the Mossie is getting very close. I’m going to have look into some holders it must be the fourth time the Micro Sol has gone over……..

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

16 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Peter, the 51 is finished now bar some weathering and the Mossie is getting very close. I’m going to have look into some holders it must be the fourth time the Micro Sol has gone over……..

Phil, they are one of those modeling accessories we never think about and are so useful. 

• Like 3

Some years ago, I mad this little stand for Set and Sol.

The Mossie is looking absolutely fantastic, Phil. Thanks for the info about the barrels. I will substitute them with Brassin, but may will have the same problems. Will you weather her or leave her factory fresh?

Cheer Rob

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Some years ago, I mad this little stand for Set and Sol.

The Mossie is looking absolutely fantastic, Phil. Thanks for the info about the barrels. I will substitute them with Brassin, but may will have the same problems. Will you weather her or leave her factory fresh?

Cheer Rob

Rob, much appreciated. The Master barrels are stunning it was just didn’t get the assembly sequence right. I have never used the Brassin barrels, as Peter says a fan boy of Master. The jury is still out on the weathering, almost completed the decals then I’ll Matt coat. If anything I’ll add some wash around openings and fuelling locations. The irony is that on AFV’s I go crazy but aircraft frighten me just in case I screw it up……..I remember that holder, I’ll see if I have a big enough woodbit drill………

• Like 2

Phil

Nice progress for sure. You know me, I'm not a big fan of weathering but do appreciate light weathering for the flown but maintained look.

BTW, Ultimate Model products carries all the holders and that's who I bought mine from plus ones for sanding sticks and tools ... well worth the money.

Ultimate Modelling Products | Ultimate Modelling Products (umpretail.com)

• Like 3

Thanks Peter, I’ve added a small bit of weathering but just do not want to mess this one up. I’ve polished the canopy, ironically the material for the canopy doesn’t polish as the Zoukie Mura canopy’s. So matt coat tomorrow and and then I’m calling it done before I have drop it or spill something over it 🤞….

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I’m calling this done, a truly enjoyable experience and for the doom sayers it’s not a mojo killer……..a sne,so preview as I’m assembling the pictures for the completed section. With my lack of picture skills maybe a while ……..

IMG_0383.thumb.jpeg.db905b34147fb6cb5e6b91aea2c6b21a.jpeg

• Like 7

Phil

WOW, brilliant build and I completely agree that the Tamyia Mossie was a incredible build and truly worth every penny. 

Take your time with the photographs as we'll all be patiently waiting.

🏆

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks good there Phil. Nice to see it cross the line. 

The big reason I found mine to be a Mojo killer was building it at the same time as the HK Mossie. 

Thanks Carl, it’s there are a couple items I’m not quite happy about but they are minor,  overall wonderful kit to build……

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

WOW, brilliant build and I completely agree that the Tamyia Mossie was a incredible build and truly worth every penny. 

Take your time with the photographs as we'll all be patiently waiting.

🏆

Thanks Peter, I’m so glad I didn’t jump into it when I bought it back in 2017 as I didn’t have enough experience to do it justice. Saying that, if you are methodical it’s a breeze to build, so perhaps I wouldn’t have screwed it up. I did build another in a minute but I’ll wait a little. Hope everything goes well tomorrow 🤞

• Like 3