The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk VI 60326 - 1/32

Actually tackled the top coats for the Mossie. All Vallejo Air, now it’s unwrapped I can now do some touching up. Why is it however tight you steal it down it always find a path. The canopy is just rested on the cockpit. I think I’m happy with it but we are all our worst critics………lots of stuff to add and then on to the Montex masks……🤞

IMG_0360.thumb.jpeg.c0d06acc49b78054765136ea8f4cb9bc.jpeg

IMG_0363.thumb.jpeg.eab5e2cc123ef105f87923a543898e79.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

WOW, your Mossie looks fantastic .. awesome cammo work.

Thanks Peter, there are a couple of areas which are marginal……I’ll do the touching up and then reassess……..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Looking good, I always liked the Mossie, we used to have one based nearby and saw it flying around all the time, sadly it was destroyed in a crash.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, coming from the guru of the immaculate finish I’m flattered. Next up is the Montex masks, another first for me…….

• Like 3

The camo looks phantastic Phil, like you, I try to do everything to prevent touch ups, which I hate to do. Normally, reality tells a different story though :D.
She will be a stunner when ready.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

9 hours ago, DocRob said:

The camo looks phantastic Phil, like you, I try to do everything to prevent touch ups, which I hate to do. Normally, reality tells a different story though :D.
She will be a stunner when ready.

Cheers Rob

Rob, much appreciated, pesky paint always creeps through, you must add yours to the build schedule……..

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Rob, much appreciated, pesky paint always creeps through, you must add yours to the build schedule……..

I can do that Phil, but my build schedule reaches very far into the future :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

I can do that Phil, but my build schedule reaches very far into the future :D.

Cheers Rob

Rob, you have a build ‘schedule’??? Now that is really cool ! 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Rob, you have a build ‘schedule’??? Now that is really cool ! 😊

Yeah, Jeff, it includes my whole stash and all future buys in a random line up :D.
Earnestly, there is about a third of my stash with relatively urgent must builds. With time there are some changes, but some kits are always in, and the Mossie is one of them.
My immediate schedule depends on a lot of factors, like interest into a subject, variety, challenges, learning of techniques or external factors, like actual group builds.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

I hear ya on all that, I have good intentions as well, but I rarely obtain them as hard as I try. But my heart is in the right place🙄

But , in all seriousness I do follow your builds with great interest and admiration. I always look forward to your next instalments.

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Phil , I have gone back to the first page on your build and I have to agree that this build is fabulous and the cammo is really good. I hope when I do mine I can come close to your skill on this one. I love this. Your Mossie will be a show stopper.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jeff said:

Phil , I have gone back to the first page on your build and I have to agree that this build is fabulous and the cammo is really good. I hope when I do mine I can come close to your skill on this one. I love this. Your Mossie will be a show stopper.  

Jeff, much appreciated the kit is a real pleasure to build. Coming from an engineering background I do obsess over cleaning every part line and sprue gate under a magnifier and very very critical of painting etc…….but it’s still a lot of fun and that’s IMHO how should be….

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

With three projects on the bench and only have time to spray at the weekends it’s been slow going for the Mosquito…….finally happy with the finish and now going to try the Montex masks. Accessories to add include nose guns etc and blacken up the cannons……a few beauty shots but with no Instagram filters etc……

IMG_0370.thumb.jpeg.e138fc0d81330c7757f6d222191b742b.jpeg

IMG_0371.thumb.jpeg.eb7e1fbe4b45d40357721095a492c135.jpeg

IMG_0369.thumb.jpeg.b7d908f802dfd3bf6a90c228de624a3b.jpeg

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

With the 51 almost complete the Mossie is a close second. I wanted to pass on these words of warning, if anyone is building this and using the exquisite Master 303’s. Assemble and fit before fitting the nose cone. I didn’t and took me 2 hours and some bad words to assemble the barrels and recoil sleeves all inside the fixed nose cone.…….it is possible but it’s a pain……

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Bank holiday Monday, jazz funk blasting out on the Bose and some therapeutic decaling on the Mossie. The masks worked well, first time using them so a learning curve…….already knocked the bottle of Micro Set over 🙄🙄🙄

IMG_8012.thumb.jpeg.cda90f47bac54f0fdb5c0d1ba38eb502.jpeg

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Boy, is that ever looking good , Phil. I love how it is turning out. Beautiful 

Jeff

Jeff, much appreciated, it is almost there, thanks for your kind words……

• Like 3