The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Now the wife is up to….Now a cancer thread.

ScottsGT

I edited the title to reflect the latest developments going on.  

She decided to take our youngest out to Colorado to do some skiing and see our son that’s stationed at Ft. Carson.  
Can you believe she went as far as breaking her foot on the slopes so she can now stay home from work to monitor the package deliveries?!?!  The nerve of her!!  

IMG_7316.thumb.jpeg.4663c9655a86082e964b034a03bf5192.jpeg

Thankfully it was a “slow motion” fall and the ski didn’t release from her boot. Acted as leverage to break her ankle. Apparently broken in three places.   Emergency crew had to come get her off the mountain and offered to drop her off at the car or take her in for evaluation.  Thankfully hard head chose evaluation.  Did the X-ray and was shocked, as was the staff because she’s not in pain unless she puts weight on it. 

I told her on the bright side the Denver airport will provide her transportation to her gate now instead of the something like 1 mile walk. And she’ll get early boarding. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 11

Man, talk about going to extreme lengths to keep an eye on your stash. 

Maybe if you get her a small bell to ring when she needs something you can build up some brownie points for if something does arrives. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, biggtim said:

Damn the total lack of consideration for your privacy! 

Really!  You get it man!!

Carl, after 35 years, she isn’t training this old dog with new tricks. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Funny thing is, I’ve spent my weekend while she’s away finally getting around to building the stairs/platform to enter/exit the hot tub without straddling the edge like you’re climbing on a horse.  
And now she’s 8-10 weeks out from being able to get back in it.  😢

IMG_1412.thumb.jpeg.954f3e759404235c975252253ff2f9e7.jpeg

Pay no attention to the pole heights.  Those will be adjusted accordingly. 

• Like 10

Scott , you are the worst :) , I’m sorry to hear that. Sending your lovely wife sincere wishes of fast recovery and now we need to figure out how to distract her while I’m unloading my stash to your garage without being constantly interrupted by your servant bell. Sorry, I meant to say the “ Scott bell”

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I tried to convince her to upgrade her flight home to first class just so she has a little more leg room. Nope.  Hard headed, “I’ll be fine.”

We do have a 4 day cruise booked for March.  This will change the dynamics a little.  No pool, no hot tub and since we’ve been to Nassau two or three times already we’ll probably just stay on the boat while in port.  

• Like 4

On 2/3/2024 at 4:20 PM, PanzerWomble said:

Maybe pass on all the well wishes from your buds on the forum ? Charm offensives often win .

Lovely view from your property too . 

Yes, my old F-250 is a beauty, isn’t it?  🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well Mary Catherine managed to get home from Colorado.  When the plane landed she drove 110 miles straight to an ortho doc she knows from work.  They rushed her in since she’s well known by all.  After 6-7 hours with her foot down swelling is up.  As I’m typing this out she just texted “No surgery!!!”  That’s great news.  
IMG_7347.thumb.jpeg.341fb108124fedc8c4e22530c4692331.jpeg

That foot is about twice its normal size.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, MARU 5137 said:

Women are sneaky eh Scott.

:sofa:

Oh trust me.  I leaned year ago when not to tangle! As the old saying goes, pick your battles.  There are no battles you can win with her so I give up and just roll over for belly rubs.  

• Haha 7

• Administrators

On Christmas Day, 1985 I did exactly the same thing.    Was at the Zermatt resort for a week over Christmas and did me a freeze frame skip job down one of the one of straight sections.  Face first.  Freaking HURT. But Blessings, they were my OWN boots and bindings, which I had purchased at the PX so I had them dialed in pretty good, and both bindings released and the skis flipped off the moment my lips touched down. 

The old face looked like 40 miles of bad road.   It's better to crash at speed than the low speed wipe out. Usually it's better for one's lower legs. 

I Hope she recovers quickly. I've seen some nasty green stick fractures from skiing accidents.

I'm actually surprised her ankle let go.  With properly fitted boots, her ankle should have been fine, but her lower leg and possibly her knee might have been worse off.  If renting, always go a bit light on the settings, and adjust the weight settings accordingly.  I'd rather lose a ski and wipe out than wipe out and not lose my skiis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
On 2/4/2024 at 7:34 AM, ScottsGT said:

I tried to convince her to upgrade her flight home to first class just so she has a little more leg room. Nope.  Hard headed, “I’ll be fine.”

We do have a 4 day cruise booked for March.  This will change the dynamics a little.  No pool, no hot tub and since we’ve been to Nassau two or three times already we’ll probably just stay on the boat while in port.  

You said the magic words. "Port" As in the kind that comes in a jug.  Just get a straw

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

On Christmas Day, 1985 I did exactly the same thing.    Was at the Zermatt resort for a week over Christmas and did me a freeze frame skip job down one of the one of straight sections.  Face first.  Freaking HURT. But Blessings, they were my OWN boots and bindings, which I had purchased at the PX so I had them dialed in pretty good, and both bindings released and the skis flipped off the moment my lips touched down. 

The old face looked like 40 miles of bad road.   It's better to crash at speed than the low speed wipe out. Usually it's better for one's lower legs. 

I Hope she recovers quickly. I've seen some nasty green stick fractures from skiing accidents.

I'm actually surprised her ankle let go.  With properly fitted boots, her ankle should have been fine, but her lower leg and possibly her knee might have been worse off.  If renting, always go a bit light on the settings, and adjust the weight settings accordingly.  I'd rather lose a ski and wipe out than wipe out and not lose my skiis.

Ernie, you know that brings up an interesting point. She borrowed ski boots from some friends that they stayed with. And she said they were a size too large.  Might have saved her leg from a worse break. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Ernie, you know that brings up an interesting point. She borrowed ski boots from some friends that they stayed with. And she said they were a size too large.  Might have saved her leg from a worse break. 

Probably so, Scott.  And with proper adjustment,  the bindings would have released before her body rolled past the snapping point. 
I always absolutely refused to rent boots and skis. 

• Like 6

• Administrators
On 2/5/2024 at 3:52 PM, ScottsGT said:

Well Mary Catherine managed to get home from Colorado.  When the plane landed she drove 110 miles straight to an ortho doc she knows from work.  They rushed her in since she’s well known by all.  After 6-7 hours with her foot down swelling is up.  As I’m typing this out she just texted “No surgery!!!”  That’s great news.  

That right there is mighty impressive.  

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 4:52 PM, ScottsGT said:

Scott

Mighty swollen and I'm sure it's painful - hoping for an early and full recovery. Thank goodness, no surgery.

• Like 5